Artist x Child!Abused!Reader (fluff)

"Get back here!"

Tears welled in my eyes as I ran through the house to my bedroom. I slammed the door shut, quickly realising that I was going to pay for doing just that. My guardian yelled something at me from the other side of the house, and I could hear their hurried footsteps approaching. I panicked and looked wildly around my bedroom for something to defend myself with. My guardian's noisy footsteps came closer until they were right outside my door. I practically threw myself towards it, leaning my small body against the wood. They screamed and hollered, throwing their fists into the door. They were way stronger than me and began to push my door open. I wasted no time. I ran away from it and started for the window. My guardian tore it open and stood in the doorway, enraged.

"You fucking brat!" They screeched.

I looked back at them one last time before ripping the window open and leaping out into the night. I hit the ground below with a sickening thud. I cried out in pain when I landed on my arm a funny way. My guardian roared in anger and ran over to the window to see me crawling away from the house.

"And stay out, you little shit!"

I wobbled to my feet, clutching my sore arm. I took off running, tears flowing from my eyes. I didn't want them to find me, so I looked frantically for a good hiding spot. My teary eyes lit up with hope when I saw the forest up ahead. They would never find me there. I darted towards the leafy entrance and scampered on into the greenery. I gazed about the trees in wonder, finally feeling some sort of peace. Life at home had never been easy. So it was nice to finally escape, even if it was just for a little while. I trudged through the foggy forest, slowly loosing myself. Getting lost in the forest was surely better than going back home. I was very scared to know what was waiting for me back there.

As I wandered further into the forest, the fog only thickened. A chilly breeze hit me and caused a shiver to run down my spine. I cradled my arm as the fog swirled around me. It seemed to talk to me. I was frightened, the old tears on my cheeks felt cold against the night air. Soon the murkiness was all I could see. The fog engulfed my small form, dragging me down into the dark.

The Entity's realm

I was rudely awoken by a man shaking my shoulders. My eyes fluttered open groggily as a sleepy groan left me. I carefully tried to get up from the ground where I laid uncomfortably. A large campfire roared and crackled by me.

"Hey, kid. Are you alright?"

I snapped my gaze up at the man in front of me. He wore sunglasses and a blue button down shirt. More grownups were here too, cautiously creeping over to us.

"Where am I?" I croaked.

The man dusted off my clothes before gently helping me to my feet. I hissed in pain at my arm, clutching it weakly. His eyes from behind the sunglasses widened, and he gestured to another grownup to grab him something. The grownup nodded and set off somewhere behind the campfire. The man crouched down to my level, placing his hand on his chest.

"My name's Jonah, kid. What's yours?" He said.

I tearfully sputtered out my name to Jonah. I bowed my head and began to cry softly.

"Hey, hey, hey. Don't worry. It's alright. We're gonna help you." He cooed.

Jonah hesitantly wrapped his arms around me into a hug. I flinched slightly before melting into the warm touch. I closed my eyes and buried my face in his chest. It felt so nice for a grownup to be caring for once. I had no idea it was like this. Jonah lifted me up into his hold with a grunt and took me over to the others. I kept a firm grip on his neck as I shyly looked to each grownup. A woman in a suit with her dark hair in a bun held out a red box for Jonah.