Mastermind x Daughter!Teen!Reader

Raccoon City, Arklay County, 1997

I sat on the floor between my two parents, hugging my knees to my chest. Tears streamed down my young face as I cried softly to myself. My parents laid there, dead still. Big bloody gashes had been slashed into their flesh, tearing up their clothes and staining them red. It was the outbreak, the zombies...

They took my parents away.

I hid away like they told me to. They said I was small, that I could hide easily and stay quiet. I was only five, did you know? Five years old and sat between the bleeding corpses of the only family I ever knew.

When the front door was kicked in, I screamed at the top of my lungs. What I expected was the zombies again, here this time to finish me off. But instead, stood a police officer. He was a young man with neat blonde hair, and tinted sunglasses on his hardened face. My teary eyes widened as I scrambled to my feet. I sobbed loudly as I ran towards him. The policeman instinctively kneeled down and opened his arms for me. I collided with his chest, crying and shaking uncontrollably. He scooped me up into his embrace, me hugging his neck tightly.

"I want my daddy." I bawled.

The policeman met my gaze, before glancing at the mangled bodies of my parents on the floor. I hid my face in his neck as I wailed with grief. The man brought a gloved hand up to tenderly stroke my hair.

"It's alright, darling. You're safe now."

That was all he said as he carried me out of my house and into the night.

The Entity's realm, 2009

That policeman's name was Albert Wesker, and he saved my life. He was also the man who raised me into the teenage girl I was today. After he took me away from my dead parents' house, he brought me back to Raccoon City Police Station. I didn't know what cute thing I said or did, but Albert grew attached to me. Naturally, I did the same. I was five years old and fresh out of a father figure, so I clung to him like glue.

I was officially taken in by Albert not long after. Though his work took up a lot of his life, he was a great father to me. He put me in great schools and got me proper training in order to defend myself. I hadn't completely mastered it yet, but I was getting there. He told me he was proud of me. All was fine.

Then Chris Redfield came along.

I wasn't angry with him. It didn't matter much anymore. Alas, Albert Wesker finally showed his true colours. I wouldn't get into it, but all I knew was that I still loved him. He was my father. I would've done anything for him.

Chris Redfield found out that I wasn't Albert's biological daughter. Normally, that would be fine. I was adopted, you know? I knew that for sure! But Wesker was what you'd call a 'crooked cop'. I never thought there were any official papers or shit like that about me. Something snapped within him. He saw me, vulnerable and weak, and snatched it all up for himself. He was an overprotective father, always keeping a close red eye on me. Speaking of, the man had red eyes. Of course he was evil, right? Anyway, Chris took me away from him. After discovering Albert wasn't my real daddy, his brain jumped to the worst.

Oh, he must've stolen me from an innocent family! Or, I was just a guinea pig to test out the T-Virus on!

No, no, NO! Chris got it all wrong. My father and I lived in perfect harmony together. Now it was all messed up. Like I said before, it didn't matter anymore. Because now Chris and I were stuck together in this godforsaken realm, and I was to never see my daddy ever again.

Right?

Raccoon City Police Station, one month later

I tried to repair the generator like Chris told me to. It kept blowing up in my face, sparks zapping at my cheeks. I gave a frustrated huff, my shaky fingers groping at random gears and wires. I was yet to get used to this whole 'generator and killer thing'. Although, I hadn't even seen the killer this trial. I guessed it was like what... my mother—said... I was small, I could hide easily and stay quiet. Sometimes when I closed my eyes, I could still see their mutilated bodies lying on our living room floor. The thought alone shook me to my core, causing the generator to yet again blow up in my face.

"Ah!" I yelped.

I shielded my eyes with my arms as hot sparks sizzled at the flesh. Goddammit, the killer was gonna find me! What I failed to mention earlier, was that I was the last one left. This mysterious killer had slain Chris and the other two strangers I was forced to team with. It wasn't my fault. I just got so scared. I hid in a locker and kept my eyes screwed shut so I didn't have to watch them die. And now look at me. I couldn't even fix a single goddamned generator. I was for sure going to die here like the rest of them.

I stood up and jogged away from the broken machine. My thumping heart felt like it was going to burst out of my chest as I searched for a different generator to start fresh with. If I kept moving, maybe I wouldn't have to see the killer at all? I should've listened to the pounding of my heart. Because as I ventured through the police station, it grew louder. It was slamming painfully against my ears. Taking it as a bad sign, I blindly threw myself at a nearby locker. I ripped the metal doors open and noisily shut them over myself. My stomach sank at the loud clang sound it made. The killer was very close, and they definitely heard that!

Tears pricked my eyes as I heard footsteps just outside the locker. I cupped my hands over my mouth and closed my eyes, being awfully reminded of my parents' demise.

It's okay. They don't know you're in here. You're small. You can hide easily and stay quiet.

"You can't hide forever!"

My eyes tore open at the familiar sound of that man's voice. The doors of the locker were pulled open, exposing me to the bright lights. I gaped at the man before me. He was a man with neat blonde hair, and tinted sunglasses that hid his glowing eyes.

"Daddy?!" I cried.

Albert Wesker stood before me. It seemed as if his whole world stopped at the sight of me. His own mouth hung slightly open too, completely stunned. He sputtered out my name in disbelief, it almost sounding like a question.

"Daddy!" I sobbed.

I leaped out of the locker and slammed into his chest. I wrapped my arms around him in a tight bearhug, crying into his shirt.

"Oh, my darling." Albert uttered. He snaked an arm around my back, bringing up a free hand to stroke my hair. "I thought I lost you, darling girl." My shoulders were wracked with little sobs, clinging to my father like he'd disappear any second. "Shh... it's okay, my dear. You're safe now. I'll protect you at all costs." He cooed.

I rested my head on his shoulder as tears fell freely from my face. Albert leaned down to kiss my forehead, running a thumb over my hair. A pang of déjà vu hit me. Through thick and thin, we always ended up like this.

"I love you, daddy. Please don't ever leave me." I whimpered.

Albert Wesker swayed me softly in his arms, shushing me gently. I relaxed against him with a small content sigh.

"I love you too, my dear. You stick with me from now on. And I promise," he leaned down to kiss my forehead again.

"You will live to see the dawn."