Trapper x Fem!Reader

Seattle, Washington, 1960s

I hadn't had food in days. My stomach growled in pure misery. I clutched it through my shirt with a small whimper. My skinny legs wobbled slightly as I staggered off into the woods. A normal eight year old girl would've been terrified of the spooky woods at night. But it didn't bother me, because I knew what was going to kill me. It was no imaginary monster lurking in the shadows...

It was starvation, and it was well on its way.

I curled up into a little ball underneath an oak tree. I leaned my head against the tree trunk, eyes slowly fluttering shut. I was going to die that night, I was sure of it. The darkest part was that my childish mind had accepted it. I was freezing, hungry and alone. If the cold didn't put me out of my misery, surely a bear or wolf would've. A single tear ran down my face as I drifted off to sleep with an empty stomach and a broken heart.

I could feel a large hand on my shoulder, shaking me awake.

"Hey, are you alive? Wake up!"

My eyes ripped open. The first thing I saw was the blinding glare of a flashlight right in my face. I hissed and recoiled, shielding my eyes with my hands.

"I'm sorry." I heard a man say.

He took his flashlight off my face and positioned it to the ground. I grumbled and rubbed my eyes before blinking rapidly from the light.

"Are you okay, sweetheart? What are you doing out here by yourself?" Asked the man.

"Food..." I rasped out.

"What?"

"I... need food... please." I whispered.

I couldn't see the man in the dark but I could hear his deep breaths.

"Evan! Get over here!" He shouted. I jumped slightly at his loud booming voice. "It's alright. We're going to take care of you." The man said.

"Thank you..." I wheezed out weakly.

The man flicked off his flashlight and stood from his kneeling position. I didn't move to get up from where I leaned against the tree. I soon heard hurried footsteps in the dark approaching us.

"Father? What is it?" A teenage boy said to the man.

The boy shone his own flashlight onto his apparent father. The older man had his back to me so I still couldn't see the faces of these scary men.

"I found a girl."

The older man turned around to face me, and the teenager's flashlight landed on my frail form. He gasped in shock, eyes wide and locked on mine.

"Carry her back to the estate. I'll grab dinner." The older man ordered his son.

Without another word, the man stormed off into the woods to 'grab dinner'. They must've had traps. Maybe they were hunters? But 'estate'... now that sounded fancy. The teenage boy's flashlight flicked off and we were left in the dark again. I felt his strong arms scoop me up bridal style.

"Who are you?" I croaked, looking up at his face that was blanketed by darkness.

"My name is Evan." The boy said in a comforting voice, unlike his father's gruff one.

"Evan." I stated softly.

I could sense that he was looking down at me now as he carried me through the woods.

"What's your name?" He asked. I uttered my own name to the older boy, before my head fell onto his shoulder tiredly. "What happened to you?" Evan whispered.