Flirty!Ghost Face x Flustered!Reader

Roseville, Florida, 1993

Danny Johnson entered the bar, greasy spoon chatter swirling around him. Drunken young people slummed with each other, trying to get numbers and maybe even more. Waitresses held steaming plates up high with a single hand while their other rested on their hips. His eyes glided to side to side, searching for his next victim.

A younger man sat at the bar. A waiter exited the kitchen with a plate of food, and set it down on the bar before him. The man thanked the waiter before giving them a wink. The waiter blushed and raised their brows at the man's advances. He slipped a small piece of paper along the table for them, followed by quite the generous tip.

Danny caught a glimpse of a few numbers scribbled in crabbed writing on the paper. The killer had set his sights on that man, and wanted that number.

But how was he going to get it?

The waiter disappeared back into the kitchen. Danny sat down at a table for one and waited for them to come back out.

Meanwhile in the kitchen

I leaned against the wall in the kitchen, waiting for the chef to finish an order for me. I pulled the man's phone number out of my pocket and held it between two fingers. I became flustered at the sight of the numbers sprawled across the white sheet, quite flattered that the man was interested in me. But I didn't think I would actually call him up.

"Order up! Table eight." The chef called out.

"Yep, got it. Thanks," I barked back before swiping the meals away from him.

I pushed open the kitchen doors and headed onto the floor. I held the two plates of food in each hand skilfully and approached table eight. A couple looked up at me from their conversation.

"Enjoy your meal!" I beamed down at the pair.

"Thank you."

"Thanks!"

I scanned the bar for customers. Many people were scattered about the old bar, pushing and shoving. I hoped that there wouldn't be another fight like last week. I had to break up three fights in the same night!

A dark haired man raised his hand up to get my attention. I quickly trotted over to him, pulling out my pen and pad.

"Good evening, sir. What can I get you?" I smiled down at him.

I got my pen ready to write down his order. The man smirked up at me.

"Hey there, beautiful."

I went beet red. Seriously? Another guy? I tried to sputter out a response but failed at first.

"Um—thanks, sir." I laughed nervously.

The man chuckled and rested his head in his hand on the small table. He glanced at the menu briefly before telling me what he wanted, never taking his dark eyes off me. I was quick to scribble down his order on my pad. I blushed furiously and bit my lip, trying not to make eye contact with the man. Just as I was about to bid farewell and head to the kitchen, he spoke.

"What's your name?" The man asked.

I told him my name.

"That's pretty. I like it." He flirted.

"Thank you, sir." I replied gingerly.

"I'm Danny. Danny Johnson." He held up his hand for me to shake.

"Nice to meet you, Danny." I gave him a firm handshake.

"Order up! Table four."

I blushed crimson and bashfully took the plate from the chef. Table four was Danny's table. I strutted out of the kitchen and was immediately met with Danny's charming smile.

"Here you are, Danny. Enjoy your meal." I smiled softy.

I gently set the plate of hot food onto the table. Danny's smile didn't fade as he watched me before him.

"Say, would it be too much to ask for your phone number?" Danny asked.

My eyes widened as my flustered posture froze. My cheeks were burning from embarrassment.

"Oh—really?" I laughed nervously again.

Danny let out a raspy chuckle.

"Yeah, honey. I think you're beautiful. I'd love to get to know you better."

He was certainly more charming than the younger guy who gave me his number. That man was drunk, sloppy and seemed like he just wanted sex. Danny though, there was just something about him.

Something mysterious.

"Uh, yeah. Sure." I giggled.

I wrote my phone number on my pad, then tore off the page and handed it to him.

"Sorry, pretty thing like yourself must be getting numbers all the time." Said Danny.

"Danny, stop." I giggled again. "Well, there was a guy just before who gave me his. But no, it usually doesn't happen." I answered.

"Which guy? Is he still here?" Danny asked, alert.

I jabbed a thumb behind me to the man that sat at the bar, flirting with some girl that looked about ready to throw her drink in his face.

"Oh? That guy? I've seen him around. He's no good. Lemme see what he wrote." Danny looked up at me.

I did as I was told and pulled the paper out of my pocket.

"It's just his number. I wasn't gonna call him." I said.

Danny stared at the number for a few long moments. Almost like he was memorising it.

Danny tried to stifle a grin. The man's phone number laid in the palm of his hand.

Yes!

He didn't actually know the guy, he only had just spotted him then. But he managed to lie his way to get it with this waiter. Danny smiled at said waiter again.

"How about we go grab dinner sometime?" He offered.

The waiter blushed, and Danny liked that. They rubbed their arm shyly but then gave a curt nod.

"Sure, Danny. That'll be nice."

Danny left the bar that night pretty satisfied with himself. Not only did he get the phone number of his brand new victim, he got himself a hot date too. He approached his car that was parked not too far away from the bar. He opened the door and shoved his key into ignition, it roaring to life. He peered over at the ghostly mask that laid on the passenger seat.

The Ghost Face grinned. Let the hunt begin.