Deathslinger x Fem!Glasses!Reader

Feng Min and I ran down the abandoned halls of the old hospital. The Deathslinger chased after us, readying his gun. He was easy to outrun though, him having a leg brace and all. Our quick paced footsteps and huffs of breath were all that could be heard through the halls. Feng and I rounded a corner and took a much needed breather. She bent over and placed her hands on her knees as she huffed. I leaned against the wall and tried to relax my heart rate. I pushed my glasses up onto my nose and wiped some sweat from my brow.

"Alright, I think he's go—!" I was cut off by the Deathslinger too rounding the corner, pointing his gun at us.

I grabbed onto Feng instinctively and screamed. She wasted no time and shoved me away from her roughly. I yelped as I fell to the floor, my glasses falling off my face. They slid across the grimy tiles to somewhere I couldn't see. I was blind as a bat without them. Feng ran around the Deathslinger and down the hall. I quickly scrambled for my glasses, groping the floor for them. I whimpered and panicked, knowing damn well that the Deathslinger loomed over me in all his blurry glory.

I began to cry to myself softly. The man before me was suspiciously quiet. I gave up looking for my glasses and simply shielded myself from his gun. The Deathslinger stared down at my cowered form for a long time before letting out a deep sigh. I moved my arms away from my face and hesitantly peeked up at him through blurred vision.

"You don't deserve to die." The Deathslinger brooded.

I stared on in shock, making out the bright lights of his glowing eyes. I set my arms down into my lap and froze in place. I could make out the Deathslinger turning his head, looking at something on the ground. I followed his eyes but was quickly disappointed when I couldn't see what he was looking at. He kicked the object over to me with his boot. I squeaked when it hit my knee, and I picked it up in my hand.

My glasses!

I scrambled to place them crookedly back on my face. I almost sighed with relief when I could finally see properly. I looked up at the Deathslinger again, this time seeing him clearly. He lowered himself down to crouch at my level, being wary of his sore leg. I leaned back a bit but didn't flinch away from him just yet. The Deathslinger warily lifted a hand to my face. I bit back a frightened noise and leaned in slightly. He grabbed my glasses with both his hands and straightened them up on my face. I had put them on pretty poorly in my haste, so he fixed it for me. I watched on in awe at this killer's uncharacteristic gentleness.

The Deathslinger lowered his hands and too gazed at my face. He took in my feminine features that laid under the glasses. A hand came back up to swipe away the old tears that had rolled down my cheeks. When he bumped my glasses while doing so, he was quick to correct them again.

"Who are you?" I whispered.

The Deathslinger rested his arm on his knee, laying his gun on the floor next to him.

"Caleb Quinn. Who are you, little lady?"

I thought about the night Caleb spared me a lot. Whether I was at the campfire, fixing generators, or even when getting chased by another killer. I didn't know why he was so nice to me. Perhaps he saw the betrayal I went through when Feng left me behind. Maybe it struck a cord. I didn't know. Or maybe he truely did see that I didn't deserve to die, because I was sure that I didn't. Either way, I wanted to thank him.

Last time I was at Dead Dawg Saloon, I picked up an offering. It was an old and dusty rope that had been fastened into a noose. I took it back to the campfire after the trial and burned it. A chill ran down my spine as the fog enveloped me into its eternal darkness. I hoped Caleb was here. If not, this whole thing would've been a bust. When the smoky fog cleared, I was met with the olden saloon. It was actually quite peaceful here without the rush of a trial.

I had a sneaky suspicion that if Caleb was going to be anywhere, he was going to me in the saloon. I trotted up the wooden steps and swung the doors open. The man sat slumped on a barstool, bottle in hand. His gun rested up against the bar in a docile state. He whipped around quickly, relaxing when he noticed it was just me. Caleb said my name in surprise with that gruff voice of his.

"Hello..." I said shyly.

I fiddled with my hands before making a cautious step closer to him.

"What're yer doing here, little lady?" Caleb asked.

I looked up from my hands and gave him a look as if I was shocked he was even still here. I pushed my glasses back onto my nose crookedly before opening my dry mouth to speak.

"I came to say thanks for... the other night." I muttered.

Caleb cleared his throat and moved to stand from his stool. He set the bottle of alcohol he was drinking on the bar and approached me. The rotten floorboards whined in protest under his boots. My shoulders tensed up as his menacing frame loomed before me. Though he seemed intimidating, he showed me no true malice. Caleb gently grasped the sides of my glasses, adjusting them on my nose so they sat straight. A bashful smile met my features at his gesture.

"Thanks." I repeated.

The Deathslinger gave me a levelled stare with those glowing eyes he wore so well. His hand moved off my glasses and ran through my hair. I let him as he stroked the strands with upmost care.

"Yer welcome, darling." Caleb whispered.