Mastermind x Male!Tween!Reader 2

Ever since Albert Wesker took me in, I had been much more lively and happy. Which was good, me being a child and all. I mostly spent my days here in the realm of Raccoon City Police Station. But sometimes there were trials here, so Albert would have to relocate me somewhere else for awhile. I honestly couldn't thank him enough for all he had done for me.

I no longer had to go on trials, as he schmoozed my way out of it. I was far too young for them anyway. Plus, the other grownups never paid any attention and only saw me as some dumb kid. When I came to think of it, I hadn't actually seen any of them in quite some time. That was because Albert kept me hidden, safe. Well, as safe as he could. Being as curious as I was, sometimes I could get a bit hurt. Like how I was right now.

I was playing around in the rain outside. I giggled to myself, closing my eyes as the small water droplets hit my skin. I had only been out here shortly; just exploring. This place was huge and had so much cool stuff everywhere! I loved to play and poke around with every chance I got. But knowing Albert would be unhappy if I got too wet, I trudged back into the police station. The rain tapped gently against the cracked windows as I entered a dusty old office.

The Entity's glowing clusters of blighted mass were scattered about the realm. One was here in the office by a desk. I took a step forward, running a hand along said desk while gazing at the orange, pulsating cluster. There was so much I didn't know about the Entity. I was pretty intimidated by it and everything it produced. All of a sudden, a crow came flapping into the room. It cawed loudly, swooping by my head and clipping me with its wings.

"Ah!" I yelped.

I stumbled back against the desk, falling to the floor. On the way down, one of its sharp corners sliced into my upper arm, dragging a long cut along the flesh. I hissed in pain and shielded my head from any more of the angry crow's attacks. It apparently lost interest in me though, flying past me and out of the office. I looked down in terror at my poor arm. It was gushing with bright red blood, dripping messily to the floor.

"Ow!" I yipped. I shakily rose to my feet, biting back hot tears as the wound stung like hell. "Mr Wesker!" I cried.

I ran out of the office and blindly through the police station. God, Albert was going to be so mad at me! I scurried down the stairs to the main foyer of the station. There the Mastermind was, leaning casually against the front desk. He held his knife out in front of him, methodically running a cloth over the bloody blade. The sound of my shoes squeaking noisily on the stone floor broke him out of his trance.

"Mr Wesker! I got hurt!" I bawled.

A look of shock met Albert's face at the sight of my fresh blood. It ran down my injured arm in several long lines of crimson. He set the cloth and knife down on the desk behind him, pushing himself away from it as I came bounding over.

"What happened?" Albert gaped.

He crouched down to my level, holding out a gloved hand. I bowed my head and cried softly before him. He gently took my arm, inspecting the painful wound.

"I fell and cut it on the edge of a table!" I sobbed.

Albert watched on in horror as my blood dripped to the floor like a leaky faucet.

"You poor boy. Here, I'll patch you up. Come, there's no time to waste." He said importantly.

He rose to his feet and took my smaller hand in his, leading me over to the front desk. The Mastermind lifted me up onto it with absolutely no effort whatsoever. My vision was blurred with tears, but I could make out the unmistakable red of a med-kit in his hands.

I stared longingly at Albert's concentrated features as he wrapped the bandage around and around my arm. He gave it a slight tug, making sure it was on nice and tight. He tied the remainder of it into a small knot before cutting off the excess with his knife.

"All done." Albert declared.

I looked down at my injury with a frown. The crusted lines of blood that adorned my arm had been wiped clean, leaving me in good nick, thanks to him.

"Sorry." I mumbled, staring down at my lap in shame.

"For what?" Albert asked.

"I should've been more careful. I didn't mean for it to happen." I replied.

The older man sighed, before taking his sunglasses off his face. My head whipped up to look into his glowing eyes that shimmered in the dark.

"It's alright. I'm just glad you're okay." Albert smiled sadly.

My own smile tugged at my lips. He brought his thumb up towards my cheek to wipe away any last stray tears. Without thinking, I reached out and wrapped my arms around his neck in a warm hug. My smile widened as I rested my chin on his shoulder.

"Thanks, dad."

Albert stiffened in my embrace. I had never called him that before, nor did I even imply I saw him that way. I could practically see the tears welling up in his glowing red eyes at that. After a few moments, he slowly snaked his own arms around my small frame. Albert leaned his head against mine, running his fingers through the back of my hair soothingly.

"You're welcome, son."