Wraith x Nightblind!Reader

I didn't want to sit by the campfire but it was too cold not to. The bright light of the flames that licked logs burned my eyes. I was left staring at my shoes when I was at the camp. The Entity's realm was hard for me from the start. I just couldn't win. The campfires fellow survivors and I were forced to stand by hurt my sensitive eyes. Any light did, really. Then there was the infinite night of the realm. Being night blind was something I struggled with my whole life. Trials were exceptionably difficult because of this. The point was; my eyes were weak as shit and were no help to me whatsoever.

I grew sick of it, and fantasied about the realms. Like AutoHaven Wreckers. That was a good one. Though it was kind of dark, I could navigate my way through it. Even if it was still a bit hard. It also had these small fire buckets littered about. They were light, yes. But they were dim enough that I could look at them without my eyes hurting. I fumbled through my clothes until I pulled out a rusty set of keys. It was an offering for the wreckers. I threw the keys into the campfire, watching through squinted eyes as they disappeared under a fallen log.

The fog sent a shiver down my spine. I was engulfed by it as if I was sent off to a trial but I knew better. I wasn't going to be in a trial with other survivors, no. I was just going to AutoHaven to catch a break from the blinding darkness and bright lights that my eyes hated so much.

Also, maybe I'd see my little friend there too.

The wreckers was still. I roamed the greenery, trying to guide myself through the dark. I spotted a fire bucket up ahead, and it was all I could see. I ventured around crushed cars and other obstacles until I reached it. The warmth wafted over my cold form, giving me small relief. A small sigh left me. For once, all seemed well. I sat under a tree by the fire, hugging my knees. I rested my chin on them and closed my tired eyes. I felt myself begin to drift off slightly. I leaned my head against the tree, the gentle fire crackling softly in the background.

I opened my eyes again when I heard the faint noise of what sounded like growling. It was hard for me to see but a faint large glimmer floated through air. It approached me, stopping next to the fire bucket. A small smile met my features.

"Hello, Philip."

A bell sounded throughout the fog. Philip Ojomo revealed himself to me as it rang. The Wraith. He loomed over me almost menacingly. But he wasn't that menacing when you got to know him like I did. He stared at me for a few moments before tilting his head to the side. As if asking, 'what are you doing here?'

"The campfire was hurting my eyes." I explained.

The Wraith offered a single nod. He knew about my sensitivity to light. Hell, he could definitely relate. He strode over and sat under the tree next to me, bending his long legs. He placed his hands on his knees and glared into my soul with those glowing eyes of his. I kept my arms wrapped tight around my own knees, but nudged by shoulder into him playfully.

"Also came to say hello to you." I added.

A smile met Philip's face and mine didn't fade. He carefully placed a hand on my shoulder, giving it the tiniest squeeze.

"I'm glad that you understand." I said.

I leaned my head on his shoulder, closing my eyes again. The Wraith's soft growls emitted from his throat and somehow gave me some inner peace. The fire crackled, wafting warmth over our way. I didn't want this moment to end. The man lifted an arm up and snaked it around my shoulders. The fire as well as his body warmth made my shivers no more.

I didn't know why this killer was so kind to me. The Wraith and I just clicked. Perhaps it was our shared dislike for the light. Or perhaps that we just both needed someone here in this realm. I was glad to of stumbled upon him. My eyelids felt like stones. I faded in and out of a slumber that I so greatly craved. I snuggled my cheek closer into Philip's shoulder, drifting off.

"I'm so happy to be here with you..." I trailed.

I fell into a dreamless sleep.

I awoke at 'dawn'. Whatever that meant. It was always night here in the Entity's realm. I felt stiff and sore, having slept on the dirty ground all night. I groaned softly before carefully propping myself up into a seated position. I glanced around the foggy wreckers groggily. The fire bucket still went strong as it always did. The flames were sustained until the end of time in a sick form of comfort for us. No embers ever extinguished.

I noticed that something was covering me. I sat on my side and glanced down at the piece of leather that had been laid onto me. A smile tugged at my lips. Philip's poncho. He must've placed it over me last night. I smiled like an idiot and carefully folded the leather. I set the poncho in my lap and gazed lovingly down at it. It was covered in a fine layer of dust and dirt, but still endearing. It was endearing because it was Philip's. Speaking of, where was he?

I stood from the ground and dusted off my outfit, grabbing the poncho after. Ugh, where'd he go? I could never see without him. The Wraith was like a beacon of light in this ungodly realm. I perked up at the sound of a distant bell. I walked around the fire bucket and squinted my eyes, trying to see through the fog. I decided against trying to go find the Wraith. I knew that he would find me. He was a deadly hunter, after all.

"Philip?" I called as if he were a lost pet.

The murky shimmer of the Wraith's glimmer soon welcomed me. Another ring of his bell, and he appeared.

"Hey there." I beamed.

The Wraith walked over to me, placing his large hands on my shoulders. I eyed his arms and torso that you couldn't see when he wore his poncho. I then snapped my gaze to the leather that hung over my arm.

"Oh! Here," I held it out for him. "Thank you for letting me use it." The Wraith took his poncho off my hands with a gentleness that made my heart melt. "Oh, Philly." I sighed dreamily. He tilted his head. "You're so sweet." I expressed.

A smirk met Philip's burned face. He leaned in and gazed at my own, just inches away. I lifted my hands to set them on his cheeks. My smile couldn't of been wider. It was a heart stopping moment when he pressed lips to mine. My eyes widened but soon blissfully shut. Philip kept his hands on his poncho but I slid mine down to move around his neck. When we broke away, it felt like a dream. His glowing eyes were all I could focus on in the blinding dark.

When it was time for me to finally leave after being here for so long, the Wraith acted like a lighthouse. The darkness of the realm was overwhelming. He lured me to the exit gate with the ring of his bell. I followed the sound blindly through the thick fog. Oh, Philip was so understanding.

"Thank you, Philip." I whispered.

We stood before the exit gates. The Wraith lowered his bell and watched me curiously. I gingerly crept closer and pressed my hands against his leather poncho that was now back over his shoulders. I leaned in and pressed a sweet but firm peck to his lips before pulling away.

"I love you."