Nurse x Child!Reader x Huntress

The Huntress watched in awe at the child from where she stood behind a thick tree. They had separated themself away from the older survivors, and was playing around the forest. The Huntress' heart melted at the sound of their little giggles, and their little feet pitter pattering over dead leaves. She grew curious, did they not know? Was this child clueless to the horrific realm they had been dragged to? Why were they so happy to roam the forest alone? The Huntress needed to know.

She hesitated, remembering that there were still three other survivors to hunt. She looked over her shoulder, then back at the child. The child was having a ball, scooping up leaves and throwing them around. They had the biggest, most sweetest smile on their cute face, uncontrollable giggles bubbling off their tongue. The Huntress placed a hand over her chest and smiled warmly at the scene. They seemed to be fine here for the time being. With one last glance, she turned around and set off for the others.

When the Huntress got back, the child was still running around playing. They didn't seem to understand that they were in a trial. She hadn't seen them here before, so they must've been new. Surely, because she would've definitely of snatched them up sooner if that were the case. They were just too cute! Upon further inspection of the child, the Huntress noticed a long cut along their arm. It was deep and bloody, torn right through the sleeve of their shirt. She gasped softly, her black eyes wide. Poor thing! That wasn't there earlier! How could that of happened? The child didn't seem too worried about it though, as they were still skipping around merrily.

The Huntress emerged from the shadows, stepping into the moonlight. The child paused, looking up at her with big, twinkling eyes. A shy smile soon crept its way along their young face. The Huntress stood there stiffly, surprised at their lack of fear. This was odd. Children never stared at her with such glee.

"Hello!" They said giddily, a blush forming on their cheeks.

The Huntress took a cautious step forward so they were just a few feet apart. The child beamed brightly, looking hyper and as if they were struggling to keep still.

"Hello, child..." the Huntress started. "What are you doing here alone?" She asked.

The child shrugged. "I dunno. Just playing!" They said. She didn't reply just yet, simply studying their small form. "You're so tall!" They blurted out. "And why are you wearing a mask?" They asked.

The Huntress touched the rabbit mask over her face and chuckled softly. She slowly brought herself down into a crouching position, the child bounding over to her. They continued to bombard her with countless questions. Their little mouth was going a hundred miles an hour, and the woman was struggling to keep up. The child then told her their name, and eagerly asked for hers.

"Anna." The Huntress answered. "Now I have question for you." She added.

"What is it, Anna?" The child tilted their head with a grin.

Anna brought her hand out and gently took their arm. She frowned as she examined the deep cut along their flesh, blood staining their torn sleeve.

"How did you get this?" She asked.

The child turned their head and pointed to a large, branchy tree.

"I was trying to climb that, but I fell." They explained.

They turned back to her, smiling happily. Anna smiled back, but her face was still laced with concern under her mask.

"Does it hurt?" She asked.

They shrugged again, "a little bit."

Anna furrowed her brow. It certainly looked like it hurt! There was warm blood trickling down their arm and falling into the cracks of their fingers.

"Come. I take you to place where we can fix this." She said importantly.

Anna gently scooped them up into her arms. The child squealed, hugging her neck.

"Wow! You're really, really tall!" They gasped.

The woman closed her eyes and let out a long laugh, as she ventured into the fog with the child against her chest.

Crotus Prenn Asylum

"Whoa!"

The child looked around in awe at the abandoned asylum. Anna kept a firm grip around them, walking through old dust and decay.

"Sally?" She called out.

A small clang came from another room, followed by the shuffling of clothes. The shuffling of a dress, perhaps.

"Who's Sally?" The child whispered in Anna's ear.

Before she could respond, the Nurse floated into the room. They gasped, gawking at the fact she was hovering above the ground.

"Hello, Sally." Anna greeted.

"Hello, Anna." The Nurse wheezed. She floated over, immediately drawn to the child in Anna's arms. "Who is this?" She rasped out.

Anna said their name, followed by the child parroting it back to confirm.

"Are you Sally?" They asked.

Sally smiled under the fabric mask wrapped around her face, and gave a curt nod. "Yes, I am. It's very nice to meet you, dear." She said in a hushed tone.

The child blushed with a bashful, crooked grin plastered on their lips. The two women both gawked at them in adoration, cooing at their soft features. Sally wheezed out a gasp when she spotted the cut on their arm, carefully stroking a finger under it.

"What happened?" She breathed.

"I fell from a tree." The child replied.

They readjusted their grip around Anna's shoulders as the killers exchanged a look.

"You fix them, yes?" The Huntress said.

Sally nodded again, clasping her hands together. "Yes, come along." She gestured her to follow, floating into the other room.

As Sally patched up the child's wound, Anna couldn't help but let her mind wander. They hardly even offered a whine as the Nurse dabbed it with a cotton swab, or didn't even hiss when she touched it. It was like the injury wasn't even there!

"Do you not feel pain?" Anna blurted out.

The child looked up from Sally's hand that was wrapping a bandage around their small arm.

"I do, but I've had worse." They said flatly.

The two women looked down at them worriedly.

"What do you mean, dear?" Sally cooed.

The child would then go on to explain their life before the Entity took them. They were both horrified to hear that they had come from what sounded like the apocalypse. They were from a barren wasteland, where food and shelter were very limited. Anna soon pieced together why they seemed so happy when she found them earlier. They were laughing to themself while playing around in the forest. Though the circumstances weren't great, they were still having so much fun. It made her realise that the Entity was almost saving them by bringing them to its realm. Because here, they finally got to be a kid.

"I love it here! It's so much better, and fun! Everybody's so nice!" The child babbled.

Sally frowned under her mask. It made her dead heart ache that this child had been through so much. She finished up the last bit of their bandages, tying them into a neat knot.

"There you go, darling." Sally whispered.

The child leaped off the hospital bed and looked up at them both with a beam.

"Thank you, Sally! Thank you, Anna!" They squealed.

They ran over to Sally and wrapped their little arms around her floating legs. She rasped out a soft yelp, before lowering herself to the ground. She threw her own arms around the child, pulling them into a tight, motherly embrace. Anna was quick to follow, crouching down as well and joining the hug.

"You are safe now, child." She uttered.

They smiled against Sally's chest, feeling content.