Doctor x Fem!Depressed!Reader 3

"I love you." The woman giggled.

Herman Carter held her bridal style with her skinny arms wrapped around his neck. She showered him in kisses all over his face. He laughed that gleeful laugh of his. This was so good. She was finally getting better...

Herman Carter's whole world seemed to shatter all around him. His girlfriend and him had a lovely time together earlier. She was a giggling bashful mess, her arms around his neck and giving him kisses. Then the Entity came calling. He lovingly promised the woman that he would be back after one trial. One measly trial. It didn't take long at all. But yet, here she was. She laid on the cold tiles of the abandoned hospital. Her bright red blood was smudged all over them while some still dripped from her.

She was dead.

Herman's knees trembled and he had to stifle them from buckling. He frantically ran over to the her, his squeaking shoes echoing down the dark hall in which she laid. He finally fell to his shaky knees, scooping her fragile body up into his lap. Herman called her name, shaking her in his grasp. Her head bobbed at the action, and fell limp when he stopped. The Doctor's eyes, that had been pried open and forever dry, began to water. Finally after so long they felt moisture. His broad shoulders shook as he let out heartbroken sobs. Tears poured down from his pried glowing eyes, falling down onto his girlfriend's dress.

She was covered in blood. Her wrists that were usually bandaged up, had been ripped open and were gushing red. Her bony body laid almost beautifully along Herman's lap. He continued to sob, hugging her tight to his chest. He cried out her name, looking up to the roof in sorrow. Where was the Entity? Why hadn't it resurrected her yet? Because it wasn't going to, he knew it. Herman sobbed out her name again.

"Why?" He wailed. "Why did you do this?"

The woman stared up at him blankly with her dull lifeless eyes.

Herman shot up from the hospital bed. He clutched his heart that rapidly beat against his chest. His whole body heaved as he breathed hard. The man glanced around frantically with those wide eyes of his. His girlfriend was nowhere to be seen. Though it was just a nightmare, he still panicked. Herman threw his legs over the side of the bed and stood to his feet importantly.

Just a dream. It was just a dream.

He still couldn't shake it. It seemed too real. It seemed like something that she would've actually done. He grabbed his weapon and sped to the door. If she wasn't here, she was on trial. Or maybe—the campfire—with all the other survivors. Herman ripped the door open of the hospital and trudged through the greenery. As he headed for the exit gate, he crammed a hand into his coat. The Doctor pulled out a small black box and examined it in his hold.

A ring.

It was something he bought shortly after his girlfriend and him graduated high school. Once he was out of Yale, he was going to move back home and propose to her.

Oh, how simple their lives would've been.

Herman ventured out the exit gate and into the fog. The cold nipped at his bare arms but he kept his purposeful gait strong. The fog was all around him in a murkiness that he knew all too well. When it slowly cleared, he could make out the comforting glow of a campfire up ahead.

Her campfire.

Herman's pried open eyes welled with hope as he approached. Dozens of survivors huddled around the fire. Some stood in groups, talking amongst themselves. While others sat by the flames or just stood by themselves. It was a quiet and peaceful sight to behold in this horrific realm. None of them mattered to them though. All except one woman that sat by herself.