Twins x AlwaysTired!Reader

Élodie Rakoto was crouched by a generator, furiously trying to repair it. We were in the dingy upstairs of an old house on Lampkin Lane, me standing before her. I lifted my arms way above my head, stretching tall as a yawn left me. Élodie looked up from the generator at me with a moody look in her brown eyes.

"I'm just not feeling it tonight, Élodie." I sighed tiredly.

I lowered my arms down and used them to push against my back, until I heard a satisfying pop. Élodie cringed at the sound of my bones cracking, giving me an annoyed glance.

"When are you ever 'feeling it'?" She asked.

I yawned again, rubbing at my eyes that were heavy with sleep. "Good point." I grunted.

Élodie ignored me and continued to repair the generator to the best of her ability. I should've helped her, but I was just too tired to even care. I was always tired, always. I was pretty good at hiding it when on trial so I didn't annoy my fellow survivors. I usually just toughed it out and powered through. But sometimes I just grew too tired, like now. It had been a long night, filled to the brim with hard trials. I was beyond exhausted, and just wanted to collapse.

"You know what?" I piped up. I gestured lazily to Élodie as she was almost finished with the generator. "I think you've got it covered here. How 'bout I go find the killer, huh? I'll let ya know who it is." I rambled tiredly.

Élodie rolled her eyes and shook her head. "Okay, bye." She spat rudely.

I waved her off and stumbled out of the grungy old room. I shuffled down the stairs, desperately trying to keep my eyes open. I rubbed at my face with a groan as I blindly made my way out of the house and into the street. I looked around at said street. It was dead quiet, not a survivor or killer around. The sidewalk and road were slick with rain, and what almost looked like blood. It all seemed pretty chill out here... I glanced at one of the cars that sat still in the middle of the road. I slowly crept over to the vehicle, my shoes splashing through shallow puddles. I squinted my heavy eyes as I tried to peer through the tinted window of the backseat. I wondered if... just maybe...

Maybe I could just take a quick nap in there?

Everything seemed in order at the moment. The generators were getting fixed (not much help from me), my friends were fine, no killer's heartbeat... what was the damage? I ghosted a hand over the car door handle, lingering there for a moment. I looked over my shoulder to make sure nobody was watching. When I turned my head, I was quick to spot a shirtless boy looking up at me in the dark.

"Gah!" I jumped about a foot in the air. Victor Deshayes stood there, his three little eyes staring up at me innocently. "Jesus, Victor. What're you doing?" I scolded.

Though I was extremely drowsy, I was quite happy to see him. If he was here, that meant his twin sister Charlotte was too. Victor wrapped his skinny arms around my leg, leaning his head against my belly as he hugged me. I sighed softly, patting his back.

"Hey, buddy. Glad to see ya. Where's your sister?" Victor didn't reply, simply squeezing my leg tighter. Another yawn left me as I weaved a hand through my hair. "Alright, buddy. How about you go find her? Go find her and come back to me. I'll be here." I muttered dismissively.

I loved little Victor and Charlotte, but I just wanted my sleep. Speaking of, Victor offered a shrill chitter, breaking away from me to scurry off in searches of his sister.

"Attaboy, Vick." I smiled tiredly.

I turned back to the car, pulling the back door open and crawling inside. I draped myself over the plush car seat, sinking into the brown leather. My eyes fluttered shut as I curled up on my side, finally drifting off to sleep.

I had no idea how long I was out for. I was rudely pulled out of my dreamless slumber by a large hand. It shook me roughly awake, making me groan in protest.

"What...?" I moaned.

I heard a certain woman say my name, gripping my shoulder. My eyes cracked open groggily as I slowly sat up in the backseat of the car. Through a curtain of tousled hair, I could make out Charlotte Deshayes, poking her head into the car. Once I was sitting up, she retracted her hand back.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

Good question.

"I was taking a nap. What're you doing?" I replied, sounding like a moody teenager.

I readjusted myself against the leather seat, pushing my hair away from my face as I squinted my sleepy eyes at her. I only just then realised that Victor was in her gaping chest, tilting his head at me.

"You are the last one left." Charlotte said.

I clutched my head, trying to recall the last trial. I was so groggy, I practically had no idea what was going on.

"What? Everyone's dead?" I exclaimed.

"Not you." She added.

I set my hands in my lap, looking around the dusty interior of the old car.

"Damn, how long was I out?" I asked.

"Not long at all." Charlotte answered.

"Huh, okay..."

The Twins stared at me for a few moments. When I didn't move to get out, Charlotte spoke up.

"Let us go now." She said.

"No."

She gave me a look of surprise as I curled back up into the backseat. My hair fell back over my eyes as they fluttered shut. The woman said my name in a warning tone.

"Five more minutes, Charlotte. I'm so tired." I croaked.

Charlotte's plump lips formed into a thin line as she thought to herself for a moment. "You are always tired?" She stated, though it sounded more like a question.

"Mm."

"Let us take you to bed."

I cracked an eye open, glaring at her accusingly. "Wha?" I murmured.

"Come."

Charlotte stretched her arms out and wrapped them around my limp body. I whined in protest but melted in her arms as she held me bridal style. My head leaned on her shoulder, the opposite one of where her gaping wound was. Victor still sat nestled within, my legs just under him. I could've fallen asleep then and there against Charlotte as she lead us into a house. I wasn't paying attention to where she was going, slipping in and out of consciousness. But when she stopped walking, I groggily looked at where we were. It appeared to be a teenager's room, torn apart and abandoned. There was a giant hole in the wall, making a passageway for us survivors to run through. An old lamp sat on a nightstand, still flickering with light.

What caught my attention though, was the bed against the wall in the corner of the room. I lifted my head off Charlotte's shoulder, weakly reaching an arm out to point at it.

"Bed..." I rasped out.

The killer carried me over, gently setting me down onto the sheets. I nearly purred in delight, cuddling against the pillow.

"Please lemme rest for just a little bit, Charlotte. I promise it'll just be a minute." I whispered.

"Sleep, little one." Charlotte's warm hand pet my arm gently. "We will wait for you."

As I drifted back off to sleep, I felt her soft lips plant a kiss to my cheek.