Day 17

Date: 4.10.21

Joke: And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and you will be granted eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster!

Quote: "But baby, come here and leave me alone, Love me but don't get too close, Touch me from a mile away, Get out, oh, baby won't you stay" - Come Here and Leave Me Alone by Alexander 23 (go check it out!!)

Summary:
Okay so I'm just gonna say that today wasn't that great. Right now I'm in a better mood, but it took a while. Let's start at the beginning:

I was up on time, with minimal snoozing on my alarm, and I felt really well rested and I was really looking forward to the day! I went to school and today is my "off day" where I only have one academic class so I have tons of free time to study/do homework, etc. So I got basically my entire weeks worth of math work done. Only thing is, I still have to work on it over fall break, so I'm hoping I can get next weeks work done so I don't have to do much.

Then I came home, in a pretty good mood, then went to climbing practice. It all went downhill from there. As soon as I get to the gym, my friends come up to me worried about the friend drama I talked about yesterday cause the girl whose house we were meeting at, her parents said no more kids allowed. So they were ranting and freaked out asking how we tell the girl who "invited herself" that she couldn't come. Then, a coach pulls me aside to talk about my wrist injury. I mean, I get that they care and want me to get better, and I appreciate it, but they like babied me almost throughout practice. Kinda got on my nerves cause I was already kinda stressed about my friend situation. Then near the end of practice, I hear that one of my younger teammates' parents are getting divorced. So that adds another thing to stress me out. So I leave practice super emotionally maxed out. Then I rant it all to my mom to get it out and get her opinion on it. She said a whole bunch of reassuring things which was nice. Then I decided to go on a walk to clear my head and hopefully relieve it all. It usually works to get some fresh air in my lungs and clear my head a little bit.

So I ended up walking for like 45 minutes and I talked with my best friend on the phone about the situation. Well we started with school to get my mind off it, then we talked about it, and decided that drama is just drama. We have to try and stay out of it but sometimes it's inevitable. Then we talked about going to do an outdoor completion in a few weeks together. We are also trying to plan a day we can go hang up at my family's lake house together. It will be super fun. I love her as my bestie so much.

So after my walk, I ate dinner, then did some studying for my quizzes and tests tomorrow. Then I'm in bed pretty early which should help with getting up tomorrow morning.

But yeah, my day was great, then a mess, then it's doing okay now. I have a much better attitude about it, I guess.

Okay, so I wanted to talk about why I chose this quote today. As you may or may not know, I am an asexual cupioromantic. Asexual means that I do not feel sexual attraction in any way shape or form, and I am pretty disgusted by sex. (I like the idea, so like I'll read Larry *cough* you know, but never felt like I want this person to *cough*. So yeah) Cupioromantic means I like the idea of a romantic relationship (romantic means like kissing, holding hands, basically everything but love making), but I don't actually want to be in one. I like relating it to sky diving. You may love the idea of feeling the wind blowing against you falling towards the earth, but when it comes to actually jumping out of the plane you would never do it.

If you have any other questions lemme know! I'm glad to answer them!

But back to the quote, it kinda summarizes how I feel about a relationship in a really neat way. It counters itself saying, come here but I don't want you here. Like in my head when I fantasize, I'm like, please come here to my "soulmate" but when I think realistically, I'm like well maybe not, please don't. I just really relate to it. But definitely go check out the song! I really really like it!

I'm also really falling in love with the 8D audios of Harry singing songs, so maybe go check those out too!

Love you guys <3
Thanks for reading!