Day 21

Date: 8.10.21

Joke: It's been scientifically proven that people who have more birthdays live longer. How often do I tell chemistry jokes? Periodically.

Quote: "All of those anonymous ones, Who never name that quiet pain they bury, So they keep on keeping secrets that they think they have to hide, But what if everybody's secret is they have that secret side?" -The Anonymous Ones by Amandla Stenberg (Dear Evan Hansen Movie)

Summary:
I'm sorry this is kinda late but I didn't feel like writing last night. I got back at like 11:20 so I was exhausted and didn't feel too great.

It was a pretty enjoyable day though. I had school where I got a 97 on my math test, and I took a English benchmark test that he won't show us the scores on.

Then I came home and went to climbing pretty fast. We projected on boulders and I got to work on a project on lead as well. It was the monthly challenge that is always super hard. I got up 4 clips up without any falls and it was a 5.12c (super hard)!!

Then my friend sprang on me that she was going to see Dear Evan Hansen the movie that night with her friend, and I kinda maybe self invited myself... but the friend was okay with it. We watched the movie then they dropped me and my friend off at our houses. I came home and went to bed pretty fast.

Okay, so I need to talk about the Dear Evan Hansen movie cause I wasn't a huge huge fan of it. I know the reviews were bad and I kinda agree with them, but I went into it thinking it was going to be awesome. First, let's talk about good things, Ben Platt killed it! He has such a good voice and knows the character really well. The other casting was pretty good, but the age gap between Ben Platt (Evan) and Kaitlyn Denver (Zoe) was a little too much. They are only 4 years apart in real life but in the movie it looks like they are 10 years apart and it kinda bothered me. The best song was Sincerely, Me by a long shot.

There was also a lot a lot of drama in it and that made me kinda bored. When watching movies, I can sense there's supposed to be sadness or tension or whatever, but I can't "feel" it. Like I just sit there like, 'wow your moms mad at you, you're gonna fight and then get over it.' I just don't get emotionally connected, and this movie had sooooo much drama (which I know is the entire plots point) but it kinda made me bored halfway through.

It also didn't seem realistic. SPOILER ALERT (for para only): When they start the Connor Project in his memory, there aren't gonna be that many supporters cause nobody knew him. They are doing it just cause they feel bad for Evan and whoever. It just got too big too fast and then crashed. I don't know why the movie bothered me so much. It just gave me iffy vibes after sincerely me and connors death.

I'd probably give it a 3.8 out of 5 stars. (If you have seen it, please let me know what you thought, if you want!)

Now that we talked about that, we can talk about Harry! Harry with Mickey ears!!!! Aaahh! So cute!

Hate to say it, but not a huge fan of your outfit Harry, the top is just too much going on. It has silver dots, white, and black, and it almost looks dirty when he's walking around... maybe it's just me. If it was the super glittery shirt like his "dr seuss" pants he wore a couple nights back, it would be cool.

I am so ready for fall break!! It has finally started!!! I'm just tired. Last night after watching DEH, they played the soundtrack in the car, either that or really slow depressing songs and on top of the depressed/bored feeling I had from the movie, it was like too much sadness so I started having deep thoughts and reflections that I hate, hate, having. It's when I start getting scared about my friendships and how our lives would work out. It just is unsettling, and it has kinda thrown me off for today (the 9th) so we'll see how it goes!

I really like listening to All I Know So Far by Pink (P!nk technically), so go check it out!

Love you guys <3
Thanks for reading