Time To Head Home

As Akuma and Slash return to the hideout they soon saw everyone beginning to load up onto the trucks to leave, but as they were about to walk towards the others Akuma noticed Maria walking to the back of The hideout.

~Akuma~

"Hey you going ahead, there's something I need to do real quick."

~Slash~

"All right."

Slash goes to the others while Akuma heads towards where Maria went to, once you made it to the back of the building he soon saw Maria who is standing right in front of her grandfather's grave which is under a large tree and was surrounded by many flowers, Akuma goes over and stands right next to her where she notices but doesn't look at him as he stood right beside her.

~Maria~

"Shouldn't you be leaving with the others."

~Akuma~

"Yeah I should, but I wanted to see you before I go."

~Maria~

"Why?"

~Akuma~

"I just wanted to know how you were doing."

~Maria~

"To be completely honest with you, I'm still hurting over my grandfather's death."

~Akuma~

"I'm sorry."

~Maria~

"For what?"

~Akuma~

"For not making it in time to try to save him."

~Maria~

"It is all right, if this was his faith then there was no stopping it, I just... I just wish he could hear me play piano again."

Akuma glances over at her and sees that she is gripping on to the cane she held in her right hand very tightly and is trying to fight off the tears in her eyes, so to calm her down Akuma held her clenched fist which she then then turned her head to look at him.

~Akuma~

"I'm certain your grandfather can still hear you play no matter where he is, he will hear that beautiful piano and know that you are the one playing which will making very happy to know that his granddaughter is still playing as beautifully as ever."

From those words the tears that Maria tried fighting back begin begin flowing from her eyes and down her cheeks.

~Maria~

"Thank you Akuma."

~Akuma~

"You're welcome."

Akuma let's go of Maria's hand and proceeds to walk away from her, but as he was walking away Maria wanted to ask him when the last thing.

~Maria~

"Akuma, wait!"

Akuma stop and turns around to look back at Maria who is looking at him back.

~Maria~

"Did my grandfather ever have any last words?"

~Akuma~

"Yes he did, and his last words were for the both of us."

~Maria~

"What were they."

~Akuma~

"He soon hope that we'll find happiness."

From hearing what her grandfather's last words were made Maria smile, from knowing that her grandfather always cared about her happiness even though she was deeply sad inside, but from knowing that his last words were also for Akuma meant they were just alike.