My Feelings For You

As night fell, the Hall of Demons, The Plague, and The Eclipse have gathered in an underground bunker after they returned from their latest attack, once inside many villains begin getting patched up from minor injury they received against Heroes, but the rest of the villains that weren't injured at all began celebrating for another victory against the heroes, so they drank, sang, and danced with all of the remaining energy they still had stored up after the fight, even some of the generals and the Templars joined into the celebration as well, but during the entire celebration, Akuma did not take part in it, instead he went into a large storage room, where he sat on some crates and began wiping off some dried blood from his knife with an old rag that could barely wipe off a single smudge, has he tries rubbing off some of the dry blood, he began getting angry for some of it not coming off, so he ends up throwing the rag to the other side of the room, and just held his knife in his hands has he looked down at his feet as he was sitting on the crates.

~Akuma~

"(Sigh) damn it."

He lifts his knife up and looks at it, as it shines from the moonlight that is just shining from a small gap in the ceiling.

~Akuma~

"How many?, How many people have I killed with this knife?"

As he continued looking at the blade of his knife, he did not notice Maria who enters the room and sees him with his back turned, she quietly makes her way towards him, as Maria begins getting closer to Akuma, she extends her left hand out to grab him by his shoulder, but as soon as her hand was about to grab onto his right shoulder, Akuma's left hand suddenly goes over his right shoulder and grabs onto Maria by her wrist, he glances over his shoulder and sees her, which he then let go of her and lowered his left arm, after that he turns his gaze away from her.

~Akuma~

"I'm sorry."

~Maria~

"I-it's fine, but I should be the one to apologize to you, for startling you."

~Akuma~

"I wasn't startled, I just sensed someone coming from behind, but I didn't know it was you."

~Maria~

"I see, then if you don't mind, could I give you some company?"

~Akuma~

"Go ahead, I'm not going to stop you."

~Maria~

"A-all right."

Maria then sits next to Akuma on the crates, as she was sitting next to him, she noticed that he is looking at his knife that still has some dry blood on it.

~Maria~

"Umm Akuma, could you perhaps lend me your knife for a minute or so?"

Akuma glances over at Maria after hearing her say that, he grips onto the hand of his knife tightly as he is a bit hesitant to hand it over, but knowing Maria who has chosen to put trust in him, he ends up agreeing.

~Akuma~

"Sure."

He grabs the tip of the blade with his left fingers and hands the knife over to Maria, who grabbed it by its handle with her own left hand, she then begins looking at the blade very closely and sees bits of dry blood and some smudging from the tip to the bottom of the blade.

~Maria~

"This weapon is filthy, how could you work with this?"

She looks over at him with a bit of irritation on her face, from seeing her look at him that way he begins rubbing the back of his head.