28

Morning:

Alesha opened her eyes sooner than expected and found a worried Jin by her side. She looked at the time and placed a blanket over him. She got up and freshened herself. She headed out into the kitchen only to find the Vminkook trio munching on snacks. They jumped up and attacked her with questions and scolded her for her behavior as well.

 "They won't know" she thought to herself. She apologized and headed to the inner portion of the kitchen. "Want something to eat?" she asked as they nodded. She quickly pulled out some curd from the fridge , a few spices , curry leaves and some other ingredients  before putting the rice in the rice cooker. After messing around in the kitchen for about 20 minutes she looked towards the aisle and indicated for the trio to come. The three had just stood there leaning against the wall, observing the girl in silence as they thought about their earlier conversation with the members and the manager. 

Flashback:

Rm: I'm telling you this is insane.

Manager sejin: Well I have only three possible reasons for her actions. It is that she intended to take the spotlight away from the scandal. Which means that she predicted that a lot of people wouldn't believe us and that's why she pulled that stunt of sympathy. That way even if people think that it was for gaining sympathy, they wouldn't be able to pin it on us because it was the reporter who asked that question so, it can't be premeditated.

 Second. She wanted publicity for herself. Third, she wasn't thinking straight because of her cramps. The first one , shouldn't really be possible because she's new to this. There is no way she could have predicted this but, if it's true then she is really smart and will be a great asset to us.

Rm: But, the words she said before going to the hospital makes me think that she really had an idea about how this was going to turn out to be.

V: Exactly!

Suga: But, how did she predict it if she's new to this.

J-hope: That's for us to figure.

Manager sejin: The second one isn't really possible as far as we know her. The third one could be a possibility.

Rm: Yeah

Jungkook: What she said on the stage. Doesn't seem like her first time.

Jimin: Agreed.

Suga: Why are you so quiet?

Jin: Have you guys thought that the unknown reason for her cramps getting so severe could be a side effect of the Talisman?

J-hope: Well.. it could be. We never know.

Suga: Okay, enough of the self-blame. When she wakes up. Try to talk to her normally. Get close to her and we'll judge for ourselves whether she's a good person or a bad one.

Jungkook: She's supposed to be our destiny. How could she be bad

Rm: Your destiny doesn't necessarily have to be good.

Jin* slams his hand on the table*: I'm going back in.

J-hope: I think she's a good child.

V: Me too.

Manager sejin: I do like her but, let's not risk it.

Rm: well she could be a genius though.

Jimin: enough of this discussion.

Flashback ends.

"What are you staring into space for, eat up" she says. "Food" Jungkook said as he gobbled up as the rest laughed. "Not bad kiddo" Jimin said. Taehyung did a thumbs up with a mouthful of food.

"Curd rice. It's quite famous back in my hometown. " She said as she ate. "Homesick?" Jimin asked. "Not really. I'm quite used to being away from them." she answered. "You live in a dormitory ?" Taehyung asked. 

"No but, I'm usually home alone. I like it that way honestly." she said. The three sensed a bad vibe and decided not to probe any further. "Jin hyung?" Jimin asked breaking the silence. "He fell asleep." she said with a smile. "Oh by the way where's my coat?" she asked. "It's on your nightstand. " Jungkook answered. "Thanks" she said as she cleared the table up and was about to do the dishes. Vmin stopped her.

 "Go call your family. They might be worried. We can't let the sick do the work." taehyung said. "No buts allowed" Jimin said authoritatively. "Gee thanks." she says as she heads to her room. She took the phone from the pocket of her coat and isn't surprised by the numerous messages she had. This is going to take so long. She groaned at the thought of it.

 She saw the sleeping Jin and decided to go to the balcony in order to not disturb him. She quickly contacted her friends and family. When questioned for the reason of her actions she would answer that it was the result of her recklessness and impatience triggered by the constant blame that the reporters would make. She sighed as she sat there looking out.

 Slowly tears welled up in her eyes, "This is all my fault." she said to herself. Unknown to her, her actions and wordings were heard by another person who let her have her moment by not interrupting.