138

The others peeked before rushing over to their side as well. Yoongi had dragged her further away from the window. All seven of them huddled around the body on which, at the moment, three blooded spots blossomed.

"I'm sorry" she muttered with raspy intakes of air. "Baby, please don't talk. Save your energy" Jimin cried holding her hand with tears streaming down her face. "Don't blame yourself. It's my fault.... sorry... I.. I lied. I-" she struggled to speak. "Calm down please" Jungkook suggested.

"What are you even talking about?" the teary-eyed Taehyung voiced but earned no response. "Alesha?" Jimin clasped her hand tighter. "Alesha?" Jin called out. "The pulse. Check the pulse!" Namjoon cried out. Yoongi checked her other hand as Jimin did on the one he clasped. They desperately waited for the feel of a beat of the pulse but, it did them no good.

 The moment the shots and Hobi's screams went out they knew their time was limited but, this? This was too abrupt. And just like that, she was gone. Out of the blue, like she had arrived. She was gone. Forever. No amount of pouring their hearts out did them any good. She was never coming back. Ever.

The grief overwhelmed them, sucking the life out of their lives. The thick silence amidst their sniffled voices were interrupted by noises that they couldn't care less about. The police broke in. But it was late. Too late. "You're safe now!" one of the policemen announced. "Medic! Where is your medic?" Jimin shrieked clutching onto her sleeve. "Jimin" Jin interrupted. "She's dead" Jin said letting the tears flow.

"She's not. Stop saying that! Where is the ambulance!" Jimin yelled carrying her lifeless body in his arms as he dashed out. The paramedics couldn't do much other than confirming the death of the patient. "Please. There must be some way" Jimin pleaded. "She's gone minnie" Taehyung said with an apologetic arm on his shoulder.

"The other officer is dead. Where is-" Ghost stopped as his eyes dropped to the body Jimin clutched onto like his lifeline. "She's gone" Jimin repeated. "What do you mean by gone?" Ghost asked hoping the words meant something other than death.

"She was shot" Namjoon placed a consoling arm over his shoulder. " No. No" Ghost denied to himself before whipping Joon's arm away and screaming, "This is all your fault!"

He snatched her from Jimin's surprised arms who tugged her back. "Can you two shut up?" Taehyung said stopping the tug of war between her ex and current boyfriend. "Let her at least pass away in peace" his shaky voice expressing more of his grief than he intended to let out. Jin, Hobi and Yoongi looked equally disturbed as Jungkook lay on a stretcher on the side biting his lower lip in both physical pain and mental agony as he overheard the painful exchange of words.

"Ghost. Come here" he called out. "That boy. Same mark" Jungkook said as the tall sad figure that loomed over him nodded. "You'll have to take her back right? Can we attend? The funeral?" he continued and was answered in negative. "I understand. Can we perform a small ceremony before you take her away. I just ... I just want to see her off properly" he bit back on his sniffles.

"That's not my decision to make" Ghost answered. " Please." Jungkook pleaded. "I'll try" Ghost sighed as he leaned against the back of the ambulance and held his face in his palms as his entire body shivered as he slid to the ground with cries so bitter that everybody's heart shattered to pieces.