67

For some reason, his voice sounded a little hollow.

    "...Yes."

    Sure enough.

    When he brought me back, I could vaguely smell tobacco.

    It makes me a little sad to think of mints that have been shelved.

    "Could it be that the sugar I bought didn't taste good?"

    My subconscious reaction was that Xia Youjie probably couldn't stand the smell when absorbing the magic spirit, so she started smoking.

    Xia Youjie was silent for a while, then nodded.

    "If it really helps you relieve the discomfort, smoking is fine." I thought about it.

    "Your comfort is the most important thing, but don't smoke too much."

    Smoking is not good for your health. I have recently advised Nizi to quit smoking, but she stays up late and works overtime every day. Smoking is a channel for her to stay awake and relieve stress.

    Satoru and I don't smoke, the only difference is that he has a reversal technique to refresh his brain, so I can only eat mints to resist.

    Xia Youjie patted my head.

    "Got it."

    "Why don't you guys like to eat mints?" I muttered, this flavor is the top 1 mint that I have carefully selected from dozens of stores.

    I took out a candy from my pocket, and I peeled off the candy wrapper and stuffed it into my mouth.

    The fresh and slightly sweet taste instantly swept my taste buds, and even my brain, which was a little confused because I just woke up, was awake a lot.

    I narrowed my eyes.

    "Try it." I peeled off another one and handed it to Xia Youjie to try to sell it.

    Jay stared into my eyes, his lips curved in a condoning smile.

    "Um."

    He leaned down and took a sip, taking the candy from my hand.

    "How is it?" I looked expectantly.

    "Well, I don't think I need a cigarette anymore." Xia Youjie smiled, no lights were turned on in the room, only the light moonlight sprinkled on his undulating browbones.

    "I'll just say it!"

    I happily moved towards him, pulled up the jacket over my stomach, and wrapped my shoulders.

    ——Xia Youjie's cigarettes should be mint flavored. I often help Nizi buy cigarettes of various flavors, and I am very familiar with this flavor.

    With unspeakable bitterness, like the ashes after burning.

    Mixed with the original detergent aroma on the clothes, it smells inexplicably.