11

Remus refused her, but Skylar bought all the books on his list for helping her through her problem.
"Really you don't need to" Remus said awkwardly scratching his head as he saw the price of what his books and hers added up to

"Its a thank you gift, let me do this please. Don't be so prideful" she said smirking at him. Using his earlier words against himself

"Well thank you" he said grabbing the bags "I get to carry them then"

"Fine by me, my poor female arms can't handle that much weight" she said swinging her arms around like they were made from jelly.

Remus chuckled, not a lot of people knew how funny she really was. Most looked at her like she was a typical Slytherin, stuck with her nose held high. She gave off that persona but he knew better.
He saw when she was waving to people on the street, when she was smiling at those who others believed were beneath them, when she held doors open for the elderly. She was kind, even if she didn't want others to know.

Remus opened the door for her, she curtsied at him making him laugh again. Her mood was exceptionally better than when he found her earlier, her hair was pink meaning she was feeling mischievous. She could control her talent, but a lot of the times her emotions controlled it better. If she knew her hair was pink she would have changed it back, so he kept the color to himself smiling at the Azalea flower making her way across the cobblestone walkway.

Together they walked to her next destination, Madame Malkin's Robes for all Occasions. Skylar thought being alone was fine, but she realized with Remus joining her this was the better option. She enjoyed his company, he was a calm ocean to sit beside. She kept waiting for the dorky pair to show up, but so far they hadn't run into each other.
Inside Madame Malkin's Skylar bought the newest set of black robes. Hers from last year were the right size, seeing that she hasn't grown in two years but she accidentally set it on fire too many times during defense class. She needed a new more fire resident one.

Remus sat down on a stool while he waited for her to get fitted into a new robe, he needed one too but he couldn't afford the ones sold at this store so he made a mental note to check the local thrifted robe shop before he left the area. Like the boys he hung around he kept growing and growing, except for Peter. He stayed the same height as Skylar, to his dislike.

Madame Malkin brought out a few selections for Skylar to try on, making adjustments to the one she picked out from the bunch
"This one is more fire resistance and will have special pockets inside"

"Oh!" Skylar said excited "I can put snacks in there" she giggled to herself

Madame Malkin looked disturbed at her idea of what a pocket was used for but she rolled up the material promising to send it to her in a few days, the night before leaving for Kings Crossing. Skylar jumped down from the taller stool and looked at Remus who was reading one of the many books she purchased for him

He had a feeling she was glancing his way, so he took his eyes off of the first page of Uprising of Elfric the Eager to look at the smirking cooper haired witch
"Yes?" He said smiling back

"Get up there and get fitted" she demanded

He was taken back, closing the book and placing it back with the others
"I have a robe I don't need another" he lied

"You've gotten taller since last year, you need a new one" she stated

"You already got me books, I don't need you buying me a robe too"

"Too bad"

"Too bad?" He repeated

"That's what I said, quick she doesn't have all day" Skylar said as if the matter was already decided upon