64

Sirius held Skylar's hand while they walked to their defense class. Rowan being near Skylar even outside of school made both Sirius and James frustrated. He could still get to her, even after all she said to get him expelled it didn't matter if she wasn't freed of him outside of school. Liam's behavior puzzled both Remus and Lily who have no real idea on why he was acting so out of character. Lily, being around Liam and Skylar a lot in the past years, has seen Liam be over protective towards both of them but most definitely to his little sister. Remus had watched Sirius and James on the receiving end of Liam's threats, he always took Skylar's safety seriously.

James opened the door for Lily who walked passed him and found her spot next to Severus who looked at her oddly. Skylar realized in that moment she hadn't been around him all morning, he must be so worried that she's in close proximity of Skylar's influence. James walked to his seat and waited for Sirius to join him, but Sirius sat beside Skylar instead. James realized he should have guessed that, but it left him partner-less and with no Rowan to bother James was left out.

"Well shit who's going to be my lucky partner" he said searching the room for a fun face

"I'm picking partners for class, Mr.Potter" Professor Griffin said from the front of the classroom. The handsome Professor was leaning on his desk, casually. Skylar noticed Lily's eyes were glued to the dark haired teacher. "There will be no need for desks" Griffin used wand to stand the desks on top of one another in the corner of the classroom. The chairs moved as well, unfortunate to those who were already sitting down including Skylar Sirius and James. Most of the students noticed what the Professor was doing, except the three now on the ground.

Skylar laughed at their circumstance, Sirius loved listening to her laughter. Even after her horrible weekend she found joy in something small again. Sirius chuckled alongside Skylar while James rubbed his sore head.
"Could have warned us" James said

"Could have been paying attention" Griffin said back, smirking as the other students in the room laughed. "Today we are learning about non-verbals. Now if you all have been doing your homework and research, you should be well versed on the subject. We will take what you've learned and apply it to actual practices from now on"

Skylar had been reading about non-verbals since the summer, Liam had told her she would be learning about the subject this year. Skylar felt her earlier laughter fading as she thought of her brother again. She didn't know what to do about his change in attitude, about him not caring for her safety anymore. Since Skylar's been back, she has been focused on recovering her memories. She hasn't let herself think of what this meant for Liam and her's relationship. The brother who bought Skylar her favorite Chinese before school started, the one that threatened boys who were mean to her, the one who helped her learn how to control her transformations, Liam taught Skylar everything she knew about the wizarding world. He was her biggest supporter, now he was just causing her trauma.

Sirius noticed the change in Skylar's demeanor. For a small moment, her hair was turning back to its natural red. That moment didn't last long, as her hair was brown again. Sirius knew how much Skylar loved her brother, he could relate to sibling love being that he had one too. Regulus meant a lot to Sirius, even though they had their differences they still cared for each other deeply. He couldn't imagine his brother turning against him like Liam did to Skylar. The tattoo that Skylar got from the weekend concerned Sirius as well. He didn't want to tell her, but it looked like what he knew dark wizards were using as their brand. Sirius and James over heard talking about this kind of symbol. Dumbledore had to of known what her tattoo meant, he just didn't want to overwhelm her. Sirius didn't want to either, but she needed to know what was going on and what this meant for her brother. James told Sirius about what he heard with Skylar when they ease-dropped on a few ministry workers. Death Eaters were the blame for what was going on, if Sirius had to guess he would say Liam was one of those wizards now. He was trying to recruit Skylar and Sirius would do everything he could to save her from that fate. The same one he was afraid of falling into.