93

"I'm glad I could help you again" Peter said with emphasis on the word again as if to further rub it in Sirius' face. Remus was waiting for Sirius to jump Peter, his low patient friend had already experienced enough to draw his annoyance out. What he didn't expect was Sirius to ignore his comment. Skylar took Sirius' hand and walked into the living space where Shadow was perched on the couch. She put Sirius down on the couch first, then herself. She laid onto his chest and placed her hand over his heart.

Skylar knew Sirius wasn't in the right headspace when he gave her too much Dittany. She asked for more, he didn't object they were both at fault for her overdosing.
"It wasn't your fault" she whispered to him. "I love you"

"I love you more" Sirius said with his hand on Skylar's back. It didn't matter if she didn't blame him, he would blame himself enough for the both of them.

Peter walked from the bathroom and sat down on a chair close by to the couple, doing his best to look anywhere but at his obsession laying with his friend. Remus used his wand to clean the bathroom of the filth left behind and then continued to read his book while memorizing the techniques of barriers. James and Lily returned moments later with more books about the subject, as a group they all worked tired on making barriers around the cottage. As strong as they could manage with their skill levels. Skylar was the most skilled at spells in their group, but she was on and off sleeping for most of the afternoon. At one point, everyone joined her on a small nap in the living area. Limbs were intertwined with one another, sounds of sleep could be heard coming from each body.

Dinner quickly approached, with dinner was more worrying on if their barriers would work. Sirius made pizza, something easy for the group to eat. They decided to go to the platform tomorrow together, so one by one they all went back to their home bases and brought back their stuff. Luggages filled the guest room that no one planned to use, all content with sleeping in the living area. The couch fit two, Sirius used his wand to summon his and Skylar's bed downstairs that fit two more, and he conjured the guest bed into the same room for the other two. Lily didn't mention if she had a preference on who she slept beside, being that she's chosen James a few times already Sirius assumed he would be keeping her company. If she wanted to sleep with Skylar he would let her, though that was based on their plan working.
Skylar was on edge through dinner, she was sitting awkwardly on her bay window waiting for the moment of pain to come along. Sirius sat behind her, softly playing with her hair.
"It'll work" Sirius kissed the back of Skylar's body "I promise"

"How are you so sure?" Skylar asked. She watched a small family walking around after dark, ice cream in each hand. Muggles no doubt, she could tell by the clothing they wore. It was too natural for them to be in those clothing items, wizards and witches had awkward stances when they were clothed in muggle bought outfits.

"It has to work" Sirius said "I'm not giving the plan a choice to not"

Skylar chuckled to herself. She loved how confident Sirius was, he wouldn't let her have doubts. It was the words she needed to hear, unable to force them from her own lips. After nights of pure torture, she was ready for a full rest.
"Do you think Liam is ok?" She found herself asking. An unspoken subject, she didn't let herself think of him when she was being summoned. Afraid that she would end up going to the location to check on him, bringing herself into harms way.

"I've never known your brother to be weak, I think he's doing the best he can" Sirius said honestly. He thought of his own sibling as well, thankful that he sent a warning to Skylar through the owl system. If he hadn't, she might have been taken immediately. With his knowledge meant his own involvement, something Sirius couldn't protect him from either.

"I hope Regulus is ok" Skylar said next, tugging at Sirius' chest. Saying the words he couldn't find himself to confess.

Waiting was never Sirius or James' strength. Both pacing around the living space waiting for something to happen to Skylar as the rest of the group was entertaining themselves with wizards chess. Skylar was on Remus' team while Lily had Peter. Lily wasn't good at the game, Remus was the best so it was a fight to have him on Skylar's side.
"I might not be able to play for long let me have him" Skylar said, guilt tripping Lily who rolled her eyes at defeat.