53

The cold wind brushed passed Skylar's face, the almost full moon was out kissing her frozen skin. When the moon was at its lowest she could see every star and swirl of the galaxy. Right now, the only glowing thing her eyes could witness was the goddess of the night.
She thought about how tomorrow Remus would have to go into hiding during the night, how his closest friends would be right beside him like they've been since last year. She felt a tinge of jealousy from the realization that she wouldn't be able to run around with them aimlessly in the full moon's light. If she asked they would tell her how to become an animagus, she knew they would help her, but she didn't know if that was something possible with her morphing powers already. A question for McGonagall.

Skylar's body temperature was staying warm due to Sirius being so close but her face was cold as ice.
"I regret being in front" she said, nose bright red from the wind.
Sirius took his hands off of the broom, startling Skylar
"What are you doing??" She asked holding on tightly to the broom in his place

He pulled her scarf from her neck to around her face and then wrapped his own around her as well.
"I know what your next gift from me is going to be" he said putting his hand where hers were and his other around her stomach again

"Not a broom is it?" She asked, feeling better with the extra layers around her face.

"An enchanted scarf, one that will keep you warm when you're flying with me. How does that sound?"

"You assume I'll want to fly with you again"

Sirius placed his lips by Skylar's ears, his words brought heat to her body in a way that was different than the own warmth he was already sharing.
"I assume you'll want to do a lot of things with me now" Skylar didn't have to look to know his eyes would be swirling with emotions and his face would be still with a want for her.

"Maybe I want to be alone, did you think of that?" She said back in a whisper, face turning slightly towards him. His lips were close, close enough that he could place them onto her cheek and feel her soft skin beneath his affection.

"I know you better than you think" he said, words carrying through her system "I know you don't want to be alone. I don't want you to be alone either"

"If I'm alone I can't be hurt" pain laced her words. Skylar wouldn't have dealt with Rowan if she was alone. She wouldn't have been kicked out of her apartment if she didn't have her brother in the first place. She wouldn't have had a falling out with Lily if she didn't introduce herself to the only other red head in their year.

Sirius was silent for a breath cycle. Then he spoke words that were more true than either could realize.
"If you're alone you are hurt"
Skylar knew that if it wasn't for Liam, she would be just that, she may not be seeing eye to eye with him but she would be in foster care if not for his rescue. Sirius knew that if it wasn't for James he would be too. Both thrived on companionship, needing to breath in the life that surrounded them.

He cleared his throat of emotion
"Madame Pomfrey should be our first stop" his hand still tightly wrapped around her middle, his thumb started running circles on her bare skin. Somehow throughout the battle, her shirt had become untucked. Skylar didn't notice it until just now with Sirius' touch scorching her. She didn't think it was possible for her to feel too hot but in this moment she felt on fire.

"Where's the second stop?" She asked as Sirius commanded his broom to descend to the ground again. Though Skylar tried, she could never master riding a broom. Sirius and James found it funny in their first year, not understanding how it could be difficult. The two of them flew around her body, showing off how easy flying was. That was the first time Skylar's hair and eyes matched in color, Sirius and James found it even more amusing after seeing how mad she got. Everyone in class got off the ground except for Skylar, who had never failed a class up until that moment.

Sirius was an excellent rider, as he should be he's on the quidditch team. She knew he kept the pace slower for her and even though she made it seem like she wouldn't do this again...she knew she would. Skylar found herself wanting to see how fast he could truly go, flying through the air with the wind at his command.

"Dumbledore's office" he said as the two of them landed on a platform nearby the hospital wing. Sirius kept his hand on Skylar's middle, thumb still moving softly on her exposed skin. He didnt want to let her go, but with her head injury he knew going to see Madame Pomfrey was more important. Reluctantly, he pulled his hand away from her stomach, gliding it across her bare skin, and offered it to help her to the ground.

Skylar didn't need his help, but she wanted to hold his hand so she took his offer. Once she was grounded, Sirius jumped off his broom and held it in his free hand. He stayed holding her hand, not wanting to be freed of the physical connection they had the entire ride over.
"Oh...will you uhm, stay with me when I talk to him?" She asked full of nerves "it's ok if you would rather go to your common room, actually no it's fine don't worry—"

He took his hand from hers and placed his finger on her lip. He lightly traced from the top to her bottom lip, lingering there.
"I will be where you need me. If it's by your side in the hospital wing, holding your hand in Dumbledore's office, at your front defending you, watching your back while you stand on your own. No matter where, if you need me I am there"

"You talk so poetically" Skylar said "you make everything sound beautiful"

Sirius smiled, moving his hand and eyes from her lip to her hand again. He moved the two of them to a walking pace towards the front doors.
"I'm from a noble family, we were raised to be proper"

"This isn't just being proper" she said silently thanking him when he opened the door for her.

"You bring it out of me" he closed the door behind them and took her hand again, rubbing the back of hers with the same thumb that ran circles on her stomach. He took his vision from her hand and looked at her. He let out a soft chuckle and kept moving.

Skylar was about to ask why he was laughing but then she noticed what he had too. Her skin was that embarrassing red color.
"I used to think being a shape shifter was cool. Now it's just embarrassing"

"My little tomato" he said kissing the side of her head, bringing on a brighter color. When Rowan used my it was possessive. When Sirius did, it was build from affection. She wanted to be his, she never felt that way with Rowan.

"Stop that" she said cheeks heating up

"Hmm?" He faked ignorance

"Don't give me a hmm you know what you're doing to me" she said forcing her normal color back

"You do the same to me, it's just not visible" he said as they approached the front of the hospital wing.