129

Sirius did what James suggested, he asked his mum to grab ingredients for his dinner plan. She was excited for him to cook, claiming James talked highly about how good his food was over the summer. His list was simple, his mum had most of what he needed already. Sirius began mixing the ground pork with garlic, egg, chives, adding soy sauce sesame oil and ginger to the bowl. His dough had been resting for an hour, ready to be flattened out now. He took his time with cooking, each piece being toasted just enough. Remus and Peter kept Sirius company while the Potter's walked their garden. Sirius found the two in the fields often, something he imagined Skylar and himself could do in their future. James' parents loved each other deeply, Sirius wondered how different his life could have been if he had parents who were as open with their affection as his were. If the future involved children for Sirius and Skylar, he promised to show her as much compassion as Fleamont did for Euphemia and a happy home for children to grow in.

Skylar felt the breeze of a fan pushing her hair into her face when she woke. The first thing she saw was James sleeping beside her in place of Sirius, something she thought was odd. She lightly poked him, waking the sleeping stag. He rolled over, body laying flat on Skylar.
"Get—off—" Skylar said shoving James aside. His body was a lump of dead weight but with enough moving around she was able to squeeze out from underneath him.

"Hmmm?" James said waking up slowly. "You good Goose?"

Skylar was sitting upright, strands of her hair in her face, heavily breathing.
"You tried to suffocate me"

"You're dramatic" James said rolling back to the pillow he was using. Skylar pushed his body off the bed, a loud thump echoed in her room. A satisfied smile crept on her face when he got up from the ground, equally as disturbed as she was. "You don't want to play that game"

"Just try to catch me" Skylar said jumping off the bed, avoiding James' hands as he tried grabbing her legs. She pulled open the door and ran down the stairs, almost making it fully to the bottom. Her feet caught on the carpet, tripping her, Skylar had to catch herself on the railing before falling down. The time she lost tripping, James had caught up to her. He grabbed her and threw her body over his shoulders. Walking down the rest of the way, he brought Skylar to the dining table where the group was staring oddly at the two friends. James started spinning aggressively while Skylar screamed, making her dizzy before playing her on a seat. James took a chair on the opposite side, satisfied with how her body kept spinning.

Sirius tilted his head in a dog like manor, tongs in his hand from finishing dinner.
"What's going on?" He asked kissing Skylar's forehead, then her lips. Her eyes were wide open unlike how she usually is when she first wakes, her breathing was rapid, hair messed around.

"Goose said she could out run me, maybe if she wasn't so clumsy she could have" James said getting up for two glasses of tea being prepared by Remus. He placed milk in James' cup, Skylar's had only lemon and ginger. James sat back down and shimmied Skylar's cup towards her, she carefully took the mug from him and used the warmth to bring life into her body once more.

"I'm not clumsy" Skylar said back. "I'm just not used to running for my life right when I get up"

"It was your suggestion, you said I couldn't catch you. Challenge accepted and won" James said.

"How'd you sleep?" Sirius asked. He turned back to the stove to finish preparing dinner. He wanted her to wake up when it was finished, but he was just barely adding the last batch when he heard the two running down the stairs.

"Good" Skylar said, feeling bashful because of how she found sleep. Skin slightly turning red, she controlled it back to its regular color. Since the friend group had been going to the Room of Requirements to practice with her, she's found controlling her Metamorphmagus to be simpler. To Sirius' dislike, he enjoyed watching her turn red when embarrassed or pink when she's feeling silly. "You're making dumplings?" She asked getting up from her seat to look at what Sirius was now plating. Skylar's mouth began to water, the temptation of her favorite meal was tickling her taste buds. Imagining how the savory flavor of pork mixed with the spicy chili sauce Sirius paired the meal with made her insides melt.