100

"Anyone else feel like Skylar forgave Sirius too quick?" Peter asked seeing the couple happily walking into the dining hall together. Peter looked at Jackson who was staring at the couple as well. Fully convinced she was going to stay mad at him.

"Why would that be a problem?" James baited, eating his other half of a chicken sandwich.

"Sirius was out of line. He yelled at Skylar for things out of her control. I don't know, I guess I just expect him to treat her better" Peter said slouching in his seat. "Someone else could" he muttered to himself.

"Oh? Who would treat her better? Have any ideas?" James asked. Peter stayed quiet, seeing Sirius and Skylar coming closer. He was glad that he didn't have her power of Metamorphmagus, he knew he would turn green with envy seeing the two happy. It seemed like every time Sirius messed up, he was forgiven with no trouble. Peter knew he had to do something more rotten, Jackson would be a key part in what he had to do. "Oh look it's my favorite couple" James said, dimple showing on his left cheek from smiling hard.

"I couldn't resist his soft charm" Skylar said sitting beside Remus and across from James and Lily. The food cleared immediately when the two sat down, Skylar would be fine but she saw Sirius get disappointed. "Let's sneak to the kitchen" she whispered into his ear.

"Want to go there now?" Sirius said back, their next class wasn't for another 20 minutes they would have enough time to eat together.

"Let's go" Skylar said holding onto Sirius' hand. He kissed the side of her temple, and then her scarred eye.

"Leaving so soon?" James said "I was hoping Sirius would accompany me for some chaos"

"You get enough of his time, learn to share" Skylar said sticking her tongue out at her dark haired friend.

James tried catching her tongue with his hand but she backed off immediately.
"Do that again see what happens" he tapped his wand on the table "ever seen a 6 foot long tongue?"

"Sirius has a pretty long tongue, so maybe" Skylar winked at James who began gagging. "He's good at using it too"

"Anyways" Remus said not wanting that image in his mind "we will meet you both in potions?"

"Right you will" Sirius said moving along with Skylar, pulling her into his side. Feeling the happiest he's felt all month, finally having time to spend with just her. Even if it was only 20 minutes.

The walk to the kitchen was filled with laughter as the couple watched Peeves the poltergeist ram into first and second years. He would fly through their bodies, scary the younger ones. The older ones who were used to his antics got things thrown at them. When the poltergeist saw Sirius, he threw him a salute and tipped his dirty hat. For the first time, Peeves didn't say anything nasty to Skylar.
"I think he's starting to like me" Skylar said as they walked by the floating chaos maker.

"He's easy to get along with if you have a sense of humor" Sirius said "maybe he thinks you're pretty"

Skylar laughed, warming Sirius' heart hearing the sound. Sirius knew she had a lot to worry about, it seemed her list was ever growing. If he could keep her making that sweet melody of a sound then he was doing his job correctly.

The kitchen was close to where they started, directly under the Great Hall. Skylar had been here enough times on her own, learning it from a nice elf who she ran into at Hogsmeade. The elf was very excited to begin working for Dumbledore, so much so that she told Skylar every bit of secrets she knew. No longer being trapped to her master, who Skylar never learned the name of. Some wealthy family who, like most of them, was cruel to the help. Skylar found herself wishing there was a way to free elves, thinking they didn't deserve the life that was chosen for them. She wasn't brave enough to start that sort of conversation, thinking no one would even be on her side about the subject. Elf hate is deeply routed, even those who aren't from prestige families want someone to do their chores and be at their beck and call.