126

Skylar walked with Sirius majority of the way to the dining hall, at some point she felt his presence disappear. She knew he went around a corner to take off the cloak, stuffing it back into James' bag he took a secret entrance to the Great Hall to avoid being seen with Skylar. It wasn't hard for Sirius to put on a face when his eyes met the ones of his friends', he didn't like not being near Skylar. Especially when there was someone in this school wanting her dead. Sirius took his empty spot next to James, another spot was cleared for where Skylar would normally sit on his left. James raised his eyebrows at his friend, the same reaction from Remus and Lily. Except Lily sent daggers his way, threatening his demise.
"So? You were gone all day what happened?" James asked "thanks for taking my books with you by the way"

Sirius slumped into his seat and then looked around for Skylar. She was further behind him, he knew he beat her to the hall but it couldn't have been by much. She was a fast walker, getting to classes on time was her specialty.
"You gave me your bag" Sirius said making himself a plate of food.

"I figured you'd be gone for maximum an hour, not all damn day now tell me what happened" James said impatiently scooping mashed potatoes onto his own plate. Lily looked over at Sirius, as did Remus and Peter all waiting for his response.

"She kept the door closed, I was stuck on the opposite side. Skylar also cursed the key hole electrocuting my hand when I went to use an anti curse on it." Sirius said faking his hurt hand. Lily chuckled to herself, thinking how she was the one who taught Skylar that technique.

"Sounds like what Lily does to her dorm" James said looking at her knowingly. "The only times I've been able to reach the girls' rooms I was met with electricity"

"Serves you right. Both of you" Lily said stabbing her chicken.

"What did I do Evans?" Sirius said stabbing his chicken roast equally as annoyed.

"I don't know but Skylar not showing up all weekend makes me think you did something. Until I talk to her, count yourself lucky i haven't hexed your dick off" Lily said. "She broke up with you for a reason, or if she didn't and someone is fucking with you you're stupid for believing it without speaking to her first" James hated to laugh but he couldn't hold it in. He felt awful for his two best friends but Lily being feisty was a sight to behold.

"She'll forgive you, she doesn't stay mad long" Peter added, further annoying Sirius. Peter hoped she didn't find her way back to their group, that she would take this as a sign of her true bad luck. Sirius was better off without her, their whole group was. If he could successfully destroy one of the issues in his friends party that was good enough for him.

Remus got out of his seat, quicker than Sirius had ever witnesses his wolf friend to do. He saw where he was heading as his beautiful partner showed herself in the Great Hall. Not being able to get up and meet her at the front walkway devistated Sirius. It felt wrong watching his friend walk to her path, pull her in for a hug and whisper in her ear.
"You ok?" Remus asked quietly, hand on her shoulder gently giving her pressure.

"I don't know" Skylar admitted what was true. Being in the Great Hall made her palms sweat, heart race. It was made worse with everyone staring at her.

Remus nodded his head and gave his hand to Skylar to hold. She took it and willingly let him bring her to Slytherin's table where the two sat at the very end. Lily got up from her seat and moved to be with Skylar as well, leaving James and Peter with Sirius. Sirius watched as Lily too pulled Skylar in for a hug, whispering into her ear like Remus did.
"How're you? I can't believe someone poisoned you" Lily said worry laced her words.

"I would take being poisoned again if it meant I didn't have to deal with this" Skylar said laying her head on Lily's shoulder as Remus stayed holding her hand. "I don't know what went wrong with us"