80

Another day another office visit for Skylar and The Headmaster. She was sipping tea that he offered her while waiting for him to begin his lecture, questions, whatever she was brought in for. Skylar was in a casual warm day outfit, a pair of black biker shorts and a long sleeved Gryffindor teeshirt that belonged to Sirius, being the last day of school there was no classes to attend. Though that didn't stop Lily and herself from studying in the library with their dearest friend Remus. Skylar felt their relationship got stronger after the attack, like they had a matching scar now. Skylar found herself reminding her friend often that the scar didn't bother her, truly it didn't. She was apprehensive about it originally with all the stares she received, but Sirius made her feel beautiful even still, Skylar hardly noticed the issue now. Sirius made sure to kiss her gently on her scar daily, a reminder to both of them that she was ok. Sirius played it off well, but Skylar knew he was scared for her that day. She could see it in his eyes when he watched Madame Pomfrey rush around trying to find a cure for her bleeding, she could see it before than as well. When Sirius transformed and saw how badly Skylar was hurt from their friend, but he's a lot stronger than she is. He kept his composure the entire time, his emotions kept well under control.

Skylar saw that the Headmaster had his window open, letting in the warm breeze that she has loved these past few weeks. His Phoenix laid by the window sitting in the sun's rays, Skylar wondered how often his companion flew outside and where it went on its journeys.

"Skylar, Professor Griffin told me you stopped showing up to your extra classes with him" Dumbledore said bringing attention back to him

"I had a hard time in the last class, I haven't felt strong enough to go back" half the truth. The other half was worry over what he would find in her mind now that she had something traumatic to hide.

"I see, did you learn how to close your mind?" He asked

"No, I barely figured it out" Skylar said in defeat

"I suggest one more class before the train tonight, you'll find it hard to keep your body in one place if you're called to the Dark Lord's side" Dumbledore said offering Skylar a tea cookie but she refused. Suddenly unable to eat.

"I don't know if I can, is there any other way to keep him out of my mind?" She asked desperately

"I'm afraid not, if there is something you need to hide use that as motivation" Dumbledore said knowingly. It was no secret, he knew what happened to Skylar. Unspoken between the two, but he was a smart wizard who only worried about the issue if Skylar wanted him to. Since no one is allowed into the forest, he's unconcerned about other students meeting the same fate. It didn't stop Skylar, but almost everyone else at school was terrified of the dark woods.

"I'll try again"

"Again" Professor Griffin said.

Skylar was sweating from how much she exerted herself. She had changed into a tank top at some point during the lesson, overhearing from the work she was doing. Sirius was waiting outside of the classroom, knowing how hard the last lesson was he refused to leave the area. He wasn't allowed inside while the sessions were being held, but if Skylar called for him he would be inside that room quicker than a heartbeat.

"Go" Skylar said to the Professor.

Professor Griffin was annoyed at her when she showed up for a final lesson, missing out on so many important ones. He spent the first few minutes bashing her behavior, then when the mind games began he was brutal. Skylar needed this though, she needed to learn today.

She felt it then, he was searching for a new memory to pull forth. He wanted her suffering to be motivation, but that wouldn't help her. Keeping her friends safe would, she would never reveal Remus' secret. Not even under duress. Skylar shoved at the Professor, with all of her strength she fully build a brick wall between his mind and her own. She heard banging on the other side, but she didn't falter.