57

James got up from the table and stretched his arms out. A yawn escaped his mouth, loud enough to wake the sleeping Lion beside him. The Gryffindor who was named Bertha Jorkins jolted from her sleep and hurried to collect her items. Skylar wondered if the poor girl knew it was the weekend, seeing her scrabble for her homework and textbooks made her doubt that. Bertha jumped out of her seat and ran towards the entrance of the hall, Skylar wanted to stop her but Sirius shook his head.
"She's not the brightest" he said in a whisper

"well you two are getting disgusting so I'm going to go now, maybe I'll stop at the library and see if I can find myself a sweet treat before leaving for the day" he winked at Skylar

"Good luck with that" she bit back

"You'll come around" James said determined to mend their friendship. He waved the two of his friends goodbye and headed out the main entrance towards his own weekend destination.

Sirius looked from James to his own center of the universe sitting beside him. Truly if their day was spent only at the library, he would be pleased. Watching Skylar where she is the most comfortable would bring him a sense of calm that was well needed after last night. He knew that wasn't their target though, not with Lily in that direction and too many eyes wanting to bring her harm. He realized then she may not know what to do for the day, an opportunity for him to bring her into some of his world. Locations where no one else would find them, somewhere she could go if she needed to hide.
"Do you trust me?" He asked

She stopped drinking her morning tea, pausing in her ritual. Sirius found himself wishing he was that mug, waiting for her lips to touch once again.
"With my life" she answered, giving Sirius bumps across his skin.

Sirius tried shaking off the feeling that she brought through his veins but her electric eyes held him in place. He wanted to memorize the way she looked at him now, face soft and body relaxed. He knew her trust was a sacred thing, given out to a rare select few. She could have just said yes, agreed to trusting him, but she answered with her life. She knew how much that meant to him, like he knew how much that meant to her.
"Let me take you around the castle today" he offered his hand after standing up on shaken legs. Sirius' dating life was anything but boring, a new girl bringing their energy to him whenever he pleased. Yet not a single one of them made him feel even remotely similar to how Skylar did. The others were distractions for what he was meant for. Parts of a constellation falling into one another, the universe putting two stars in line.

"Are you insinuating that I haven't been around the castle yet, in the 6 years I've been studying at Hogwarts?" She questioned, sipping her tea delicately. She was beginning to notice how much Sirius stared at the mug she was holding.

"Not like I have" Sirius was going to show her every secret passageway him and his friends knew about. He was going to bring their magically enhanced map as well. He wanted her to see all that they did, know what he knew. His world mixed with her own.

She took his hand and smiled a genuine smile. Her cheeks raised up and her chest hiccuped with laughter.
"This sounds exhilarating" voice filled with eagerness

"It will be" for both of them. Sirius had been using the secret passages for years but the anticipation he felt now was all due to the copper headed female holding onto his hand tightly.

A quick stop at Sirius' common room to grab a few items had Skylar waiting at the entrance to Gryffindor tower. She wondered what it looked like on the inside, if it was decorated in gold and maroon colors with soft chairs instead of the leather ones her own was filled with. If their fireplace burned red and not green like her own, if the walls brought heat instead of a cold draft. She wanted to know what the view was, this high up. Windows lined the walls where she stood, she could look outside and get an understanding of what Sirius saw when he was inside but that wouldn't satisfy her curiosity. Slytherin's saw the Black Lake and all their creatures, but did he see owls flying back home with letters from loved ones? Did he witness how the stars danced at night and how brightly the moon cascaded over the forest?

"Skylar?" Sirius called out to her, breaking her trance.

Skylar walked over to Sirius and offered her hand this time, but then she noticed one of the items he had retrieved from his common room. Her small purring kitten laid in his arm. One holding her gift from him, the other holding the map and what Skylar knew to be James' invisibility cloak.
"You brought Shadow" she said in awe. Her kitten switched quickly into her own awaiting hands and purred loud enough for the hallway to echo.

"I figured he could join us" Sirius said taking her hand with his now free one.

"Thank you" she said smiling and holding her gift closely "he did help"

Sirius stood silent, waiting for more words to spill from her soft lips

"Having Shadow made me feel less...uhm" she cleared her throat of emotion "alone"

Heart both stinging and fluttering he nodded his head.
"Say the word and he's back with you"

"I know" she said back. For now, Sirius' bed was his safest location. She wouldn't risk her pet's life for the sake of not being lonely. Though she felt a tinge of jealousy knowing her cat spends time with Sirius when he's his most vulnerable.

"Ready love?" Sirius said putting his free hand out for her after securing the map his pocket. Sirius was dressed in a pair of tight dark jeans with a black shirt and leather jacket. His typical outfits reminded her of someone rebellious, his style was his own. While Skylar on the other hand was wearing a black turtle neck thick sweater and a skirt checker in pattern and green in color. Without trying, they matched.

With his hand in hers, they began their descend. Down stairs and through corridors, if Skylar didn't know better she would assume Sirius was as lost as she was. Shadow softly purring in her sweater, she decided to let go completely. She didn't care the destination, she felt safe even after all the rumors spreading this morning. Even with the whole school taking sides, she knew nothing would happen to her or her pet as long as Sirius was next to them.

After walking halfway down the castle, Sirius took her through a corridor on their right handed side. He looked back and forth and after seeing that the passageway was clear of other students and Professors, he unfolded the cloak and placed it over their heads.
"We have to be quiet" Skylar said to Shadow as if he could understand her. His purring ceased, doing as she told him to do oddly enough.

Sirius waited for Skylar to get comfortable under the cloak and as soon as she nodded his direction they continued on their walk. Following his lead, he brought the two of them to face a statue called Gunhilda of Gorsemoor or as most students knew it as The One-Eyed Witch.
Skylar looked at Sirius curiously as he took out his wand and pointed it to the statue. He took his arm out of the cloak and simply tapped his wand on the head of the statue, making it creak open. Sirius took out the map and handed it to Skylar. She opened it and he whispered
"I solemnly swear that I am up to not good" pointing his wand above the map. Skylar watched as the map started writing out words across the pages, a greeting of sort.
Hello Padfoot, Hello Goose

Skylar looked at Sirius who shrugged his shoulders, faking innocence
Padfoot thinks Goose looks beautiful today
Moony thinks Goose looks lovely as well
Wormtail would like to agree with those above him
Prongs thinks Padfoot is being disgusting, though not wrong

Sirius cleared his throat
"Ehh-hem uhm the map it's complex"

"Sooo complex" Skylar said mocking Sirius.

Sirius searched the map, keeping his eyes on the wandering figures and not Skylar's piercing stare.
"Looks safe, no one is around. Are you ready?"

"I am" Skylar answered excited