86

"I'd say good luck on your test, but you won't need it" James said as a way of encouraging Skylar before she left through the fireplace. Sirius had it set up when they were approved for the cottage, figuring they would need to use it while Skylar was underage. "Be safe" he added.

Skylar nodded her head and then took a handful of floo powder. She looked at James and then at Sirius who was traveling after her.
"See you" Skylar said as she stepped into the dirty fireplace "Ministry of Magic" she pronounced each word as clearly as she could. The familiar feeling of heat rose from the ground and engulfed her small frame. Within a moment, Skylar appeared in the main lobby of the Ministry. Her hands started to sweat so she rubbed them aggressively onto her black slacks. She was just thankful her tattooed arm wasn't causing her issues yet. Skylar knew it was a matter of time until she was called again, she just prayed to Merlin it would be after her exam if it came at all. She checked her long sleeved black body suit to be sure her mark was covered, when it was she took a few long deep inhales.

Someone touched Skylar's shoulder, in a panic she whipped her body around to face the being behind her. Sirius stared at her worried, in her sleep deprived state she had forgotten she wasn't traveling here alone. Skylar didn't complain out loud of her tired mind, she knew Sirius and James had it worse. James might have passed out at some point, but she knew Sirius stayed awake.
"You ok?" He asked gently rubbing her shoulder. His touch threatened to put her to sleep, massaging tension out of her system.

"I will be" Skylar answered. Sirius placed his hand into her own and began walking towards the lift caring wizards and witches to their destination. They were stopped by a security guard who wasn't present last time Skylar was in the building.

"Wands" the guard said. He was young, some years older than Sirius and Skylar by the look of it. He had a clean shaved face, eyes almost black, dressed in something similar to what muggle police wore. His hair was a bright shade of blonde, face full of worry lines even at his young age. Something about him seemed familiar, but Skylar couldn't place where she had seen his face.

"Why do we have to give those to you?" Sirius asked confused, bringing Skylar out of her deep thought. Sirius wasn't going to give any old git his only means of protection. Especially with what Skylar had going on.

"Security purpose. The only ones allowed wands inside the building are those testing or working. I assume you're a visitor?" The male tisked "I wouldn't know since neither of you are wearing a badge" he snapped out.

Skylar felt her nerves leaving her body, being replaced by her attitude growing from the insensitive guard.
"We weren't aware of the changes, Sir" snarky as she could muster out. "I'm here for testing, he's my escort"

"Regardless you need badges to go any further" the male got closer to Skylar's face "am I clear?"

Sirius pushed in between the two, refusing to let someone he didn't know that close to his girlfriend. He didn't like when Skylar was being talked down to either.
"Let me make myself clear on something—" Sirius went to begin a war, but Skylar pulled him towards a soft faced witch who was near a window labeled Badges. Sirius wouldn't have backed down, neither would Skylar but she had more important things to do than to get kicked out of the ministry.

"Name?" The kind older woman said. Hair sprinkled with white and black, she looked to be in her 60s.

"Skylar Potter" Skylar answered "I'm here for my Apparation test"

"Ah, I see your name right here deary" the lady presented Skylar a badge, testing was typed on hers along with her first name. "Your name?" She asked staring at Sirius. Skylar liked this worker much more, she was calmly sitting at her window. Potted flowers decorated her small space, Skylar wondered if she had an admirer or if she got them on her own.