134

Skylar landed near the Ministry, being that none could apparate inside those who wanted in had to apparate to certain locations. The workers who attached themselves to her earlier began shoving her body forward to the closed door. One of them placed a magical set of handcuffs around her wrist, tied behind her back. Skylar could see her wand in Matthew's pocket, even if she could reach it she knew it was the wrong move to make. Skylar had to prove her innocence, stealing her wand and attacking those around her was the wrong idea. She wasnt taken in through the front door, some weird side entrance she had never seen was where she was located. Walking with the group of Aurors, she saw closed offices of workers who were home being how late the hour was. She knew she was on the second level of the ministry, level two was the Department of Magical Law enforcement. Skylar passed by Liam's friend's office, at least where his office used to be, Antonin Dolohov. A new name was scratched into the name plate, Jeannette Bait. Someone Skylar didn't recognize, she didn't know any of the Aurors with her except for Matthew. Every door she passed was a shock to her memory. Skylar walked these halls when she was younger, countless times. She grew up at the Ministry, now it was a nightmare for her to be in. She lost her brother here, was in the middle of an attack when she finished her Apparation test, and now she was brought in as a criminal.

"This way" the bald male holding Skylar's arm shoved her forward into a large office, this one had Matthew's name on it, his office had always been a few away from Antonin's. Antonin was kind to her, letting her hangout in his office if Liam was busy with his own work. Matthew filed multiple complaints about allowing a child in level two, hating how much life Skylar brought to the old washed out floor claiming she was disturbing his work. He had it out for the Miller siblings, she knew he was basking in this moment.

Skylar was shoved to the ground, scrapping her knees on the hard floor. She was still in her sleeping outfit, shorts and a long sleeved shirt that was ripped up to her elbow exposing her awful tattoo. Skylar's occlumency worked so well, she had forgetting the mark existed. Now, the snake swirled on her arm viciously as if waiting to strike.
"You're going to Azkaban while you await your trial" Matthew said, closing in on Skylar's face.

"Excuse you??" She barked out "that's not protocol. If I'm awaiting a trial, I'm to be held in a cell at the Ministry"

"It is now, I've been given the ok to do what I see fit. Your brother is a known death eater, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree it seems. We haven't caught him yet, maybe after some quality times with Dementors you'll begin to talk about his whereabouts" Matthew said, getting up to sit at his desk. "Ah there you are, take her to her new living arrangements" Matthew said to the new comers behind Skylar.

Skylar turned her body to see who was escorting her on her journey, but what she saw stopped her heart in its tracks. Dark hair, even darker eyes, a male she hoped to never see again. At least not in this body, she knew she would see him when she began to play spy for Dumbledore, just not when she was still herself. Rowan Jackburn was standing beside another death eater she knew to be named Lucius Malfoy. Rowan kept his face neutral, Skylar thought she saw a hint of a smirk when he got closer to her body that was still on the ground, knees busted up she could feel the sting of dirt entering her wounds. None of that hurt as much as seeing Rowan did, his cold stare making her feel true fear once again.
"Rowan's a death eater" Skylar said turning to look at Matthew "why is he working for the ministry!?"

Matthew cocked his head to the side, chin resting on his hand now.
"Rowan? This man's name isn't Rowan, it's Reid Inkwell. You're clearly deranged, Reid has been working for the Ministry for years. Almost as long as I have" the aurors around Skylar nodded their heads in agreement. Skylar looked at Rowan again, no mistaking the way his eyes looked at her. It was him, how he had everyone in this room convinced he was someone else she didn't know. He looked her age, but Matthew mentioned he was older than her. The only spell she could think of that would do this would be imperio. The ministry was under Voldemort's control, maybe not all but the ones in this room were. Skylar needed to get that information to Dumbledore, to her friends and Sirius. First, she needed to find a way to survive the nightmare she was going to be shoved into.