26

Tossing and turning, Skylar couldn't sleep. Rowan's bed was comfortable, as all Slytherin's beds were from what she was told. Hers wouldn't have been if it wasn't for her brother donating one for her to use in her second year. She told him over that summer how uncomfortable her bed was, Liam immediately lettered Dumbledore about him gifting her a bed to sleep on. All the future was bought by rich family's, all of it. No one was going to buy her a nice mattress, no one even wanted to sleep in her dorm room with her. Her brother took care of the mattress at least.

Rowan's arm was tightly wound around Skylar's middle. He wasn't angry when she walked into the common room, he was staring into the fireplace like he typically did. When she sat down with him, he started taking off her clothes and fucked her on the couch. The one Sirius Black's family donated.

She took his arm and lightly placed it down beside himself, releasing his grip on her. She walked to where her dorm room was quietly and changed into a pair of green sweatpants and put on a black sweatshirt. She put her slippers on her feet and walked to where Professor Slughorn's office was.

He was up late most nights, brewing potions and such. When she knocked on his door he opened it immediately
"Everything ok?" Professor Slughorn asked her, looking around her face for a sign of discomfort. He's seen her at her worst, showing up to his office late when the girls she shared a room with harmed her while she slept.

Skylar nodded her head
"Yeah, I just don't feel well can I have a note to go see Madame Pomfrey?"

"Of course" Slughorn scribbled on some paper and handed her the slip "will you be ok getting there?"

"Yeah" she said taking the note and leaving through the tunnel to begin her walk back to the hospital wing.

She walked passed ghosts who haunted the halls, including Peeves who was being scolded by the Bloody Baron
"You scared her off!!" The Bloody ghost said

"I didn't mean to" Peeves said whimpering

The only ghost who could control the pranking poltergeist was Slytherin's. He was afraid of him, Skylar wasn't.

"Student out of bed??" The Bloody Baron said flying to her face, blood trickled down his head onto the ground. It was all an illusion but she felt herself sick from it still

"I'm going to the hospital wing I don't feel well"

"Whatever Half-Blood" the ghost spit to her. He was nice to everyone else in her house, but like them he stood against her.

Skylar flipped him off, causing the air to boil around her but she kept moving knowing he couldn't cause any real harm to her.

Professor McGonagall was doing rounds, checking for students and making sure no one was causing any mayhem when she walked into Skylar, lost in thought

"Miss.Miller what are you doing at this hour?" McGonagall said straightening out her robe that wrinkled when she bumped into the student

"I have a note" Skylar said showing off the parchment

McGonagall nodded her head
"Very well off you go"
Skylar began walking but McGonagall called her name again
"Everything alright?"

"I just don't feel well" Skylar said, feeling a migraine appear, at least she didn't have to lie to Pomfrey about being unwell now.

"Over use of your power will do that to you" She said scolding the young girl "you should try to stick with what you were born with for a few days"

"It's fine, I'm fine" Skylar said correcting herself

"Well that boy seems to like your change, I know someone who liked you the way you were" McGonagall said winking at her

Skylar scrunched her face
"What do you mean?"