12

Looking for Lily proved pointless, she wasn't in any of the store Skylar searched for her in. Feeling discouraged after thirty minutes of searching she decided to go back home. Her shopping was done, she finished it when she went looking so there was no need to stay if Lily wasn't around anymore. Skylar thought about lettering Lily and seeing if they could meet, alone, again. She was going to be sure she added the alone part.

Someone bumped into Skylar, knocking all of her school supplies onto the ground.
She started to pick up her scattered items when someone kicked her books across the ground, ripping pages of The Lunar Phases a book she was most excited to read.
"What the fuck" she said annoyed
The person kicked her this time, sending her body into the wall that was a few feet away.

Clutching her side she looked up and saw a boy in the same house, same year as her named Bartemius Crouch Jr, his dad worked in the ministry. His dad was someone Liam didn't care for, he said he was a know it all brown noser.
Skylar knew his son to be worse
"Little half blood lost?" Bartemius said, eyes gloomy and skin pale. His hair was dark and greasy, he reminded her a lot of Severus. They were friends she had seen them together plenty of times.

"Huh?" Skylar said, her side sending a sore pain through her body

"Knockturn alley doesn't do business with half bloods or mudbloods like your friend" Bartemius said getting close to her face

"What did you call her??" Skylar bit back.
She didn't care what others thought of her, but Lily was different.

"Mudblood" Adrian Callius said, coming from behind Bartemius. He was a beater on Slytherin's quidditch team, friends with Bartemius and Severus. There was a group of boys who she didn't associate with, these were some of them

"Fuck you" Skylar said shoving off the ground and throwing her weight into his chest. Miraculously she was able to send him to his ass, something he was stunned about.

Bartemius laughed loudly
"Little bitch is pretty tough" he shoved her down to the ground, scrapping her hands on the cobblestone pavement "listen here" he said closing in on her "easily we could beat the shit out of you, smarten that mouth of yours up. But we are feeling generous..."

"We are??" Adrian said, annoyingly wiping his pants off

"We are" Bartemius said, grabbing Skylar's jacket and pulling her close to his face "remember our generosity" he smiled
His smile was filled with yellow teeth and days old rotten breath.

Skylar gagged
"Do you ever brush your teeth?" She couldn't help but snap at him, being quiet would have been the smarter plan.

He shoved her to the ground, falling onto her back left her exposed. Both boys kicked her sides, wizards who passed by payed no mind to the girl being beaten up by the two much stronger guys.
They looked at her with disgust, as if knowing that she wasn't worth the path she accidentally walked onto. Knockturn alley dealt with the worse kinds of wizards, Liam had warned her plenty of times to not turn into this direction. Skylar wouldn't have if she was paying attention to her surrounding like she should have been.

When their feet stopped kicking, Skylar refrained from clutching any part of her body. She didn't want to give them the satisfaction of seeing her crawl into herself. She waited until their sinister laughter couldn't be heard anymore.
Only then did she let a small tear fall from her cheek, quick to wipe it away before anyone saw it.

Skylar got off of the ground and collected her broken school supplies, they destroyed her supply before scurrying off like the rats they were. She debated getting new ones but decided it wasn't worth the trip, she could make due with what was remaining.

After placing each item back into the bag she used to carry them, Skylar dusted off her clothes and limped out of Knockturn alley. A place she never meant to walk into.

Careful to not run into anyone she knew, she walked slowly back to her apartment hoping her brother wasn't around yet. She wasn't sure of the time, not having a watch on her person, but with the sun setting she knew she had minutes to beat him to their home. If she could get there first she could apply makeup to her face to hide the marks they left and find some dittany for her ribs. Her hands could use some healing potion as well.

The sky went from twilight to dark by the time she arrived at their flat. Liam didn't like when Skylar was walking around late, if he was home he would start by lecturing her.

Skylar opened the door to see it was completely dark still, Liam wasn't around. Even though she wanted this, she felt worried. He would have been home before it got dark, now it was and he still wasn't.
"Odd" she said out loud, turning on a few lights before heading to the bathroom to find dittany.

The beating she got today was pretty normal for her. Most students in Slytherin didn't like her.
Skylar didn't have any real friends in her house, a few were nice enough but mostly she stuck to herself. Sirius' brother Regulus was one of the few she talked to when she was in the common room. Every year she has hoped things would get easier in that house but they never did.

Skylar had gone to Dumbledore many times asking why the hat put her in Slytherin. He couldn't give her an answer
"The hat chooses, we can't truly know what it saw when it was placed on your head. You showed something for it to place you there"
He told her.
She felt that she had some of all the house qualities in her how could it have picked one?
She felt like she was considerably brave
She was definitely smart
She was ambitious
She felt like she was a kind person
How did the hat only chose one spot for her?

The front door opened, Skylar panicked. She didn't have enough time to find a healing potion, so she did the only thing she could do. She ran for her room and jumped under the blanket, when Liam went to bed she would just go find some then.
She pulled her blanket over her face, waiting for him to show up but he didn't.
She heard footsteps, but it wasn't someone making themselves at home.
It sounded like someone was looking for something