154

"You didn't have to forgive him" Sirius said as he helped Skylar into their bed. Their way to Hogsmeade was quiet, as was the walk to their bedroom. Peter was downstairs with Remus, James was waiting for Lily to make Dittany for him and Skylar. Sirius wasn't going to let Peter have safety in their hideout, he was going to be sure he knew his place if he planned to stay the night.

"I shouldn't have" Skylar said, she put her forehead onto her knees that were pulled up under the blanket. She felt Sirius' hands begin to massage her scalp, moving towards her neck he worked out the sore muscles there. "But I guess I did"

"Can I rub your back?" He asked, not wanting to cause her more pain, but feeling useless as he watched the muscles in her back twitch from trauma.

"Please" Skylar begged. "I'm in so much pain" she let out a sharp exhale as Sirius' hands began to work out her spasms.

"Lily is making your potion, it shouldn't take too long" Sirius said softly. He requested she make Skylar's into a lotion so he could heal her back directly.

"I don't want to lose Remus" Skylar said, another deep breath in as Sirius' fingers glided down her spin.

"Me neither, but forgiving Peter is more than he deserves. I won't do the same" Sirius kissed the back of Skylar's head. "If you're grudges become to heavy to hold, trust that I will carry the weight of them"

Footsteps up their stairs halted their conversation. Lily was walking into their room holding the potion she promised to make.
"I made James a sleeping draught, knowing he wouldn't sleep on his own tonight with so much going on. I made extra for you Skylar, it's best to take it to help recover"

"I don't need it but thank you" Skylar said, head still down.

"James said the same thing, but he's passed out peacefully now. Don't you think you deserve a restful night?" Lily walked over to where Sirius was and handed him the lotion. He nodded his thanks and then began to massage Skylar's back once more, this time she felt no pain. Breathing was much easier now.

"I didn't bring anything new to the meeting. I don't deserve sleep I need to find information" Skylar kept her head down out of shame now.

"Don't let Dumbledore make you feel that way" Lily said "you are risking your life, more than the rest of us. He's insane for making you feel insignificant"

"Peter gave away a better piece than me and he only heard it in passing. I've attended two meetings and haven't found out anything worthy of my time yet" Skylar wanted to cry from the pure relief she felt now that her back was done seizing. The result of being thrown into metal bleachers really damaged her nerves.

"We don't even know if what he said was true" Sirius added. "She's dead, it's pretty convenient to blame someone who can't defend themselves"

"I guess" Skylar picked her head up now. "I don't want to sell my body for the cause"

Sirius' jaw clenched. He hated that she thought that was even a choice. He was protective of Skylar, he had been for years even before they were together. The thought of someone else touching what was his filled him with enough rage to end the world.
"So don't" Lily said, calming Sirius back down. He was glad to hear their friend agree that it wasn't a plausible idea.

"I don't like the idea of torturing it out either" Skylar said defeated. "Im not strong enough for this"

"You are" Sirius said, wishing she didn't feel so worthless. "Bring a death eater back here, I'll get the information out of whoever it is" He would be the villain for Skylar. If he had to sell his soul to the devil to save her own from hell, he would do it again and again.