69

Skylar didn't know what to expect when she arrived in her old apartment. A long list of possibilities, good and bad outcomes. What she was witnessing was the last thing that came to her mind.

Immediately when Skylar finished traveling through the fireplace, Liam pulled her into his chest and cried onto her shoulder. Liam Miller, Skylar's older brother, only relative, never once cried in front of her. Not when he rescued her from their parent's murder scene, not when she was a little kid and took off without his knowing and got lost, not when she broke her foot jumping from a large tree in the city park. Not once had she witnessed a single tear fall from his face.

Liam was holding onto Skylar like she was his lifeline, the only thing keeping him from falling apart.
"I'm so sorry" he said in between sobbing

Skylar didn't know what to do. Months ago, she would be consoling Liam and worrying about what was going on. Arms flat at her side, she let her brother hold her while he lost control of his emotions. Skylar could barely see over his shoulder, but what she saw of their living space was enough to prove he still wasn't living here fully. The space was trashed, only this time she saw their family photos shredded all on the floor.

"Skylar I'm so sorry" Liam said again and again. Stay strong she told herself. He hurt you, he let someone brand you she reminded herself. Though it was getting harder to not let her hands comfort his back, in the way that Sirius did for her when she needed it.

Liam pulled away from Skylar and looked her up and down
"Are you ok?" He asked, worry laced his voice

Skylar stayed silent.

"Please talk to me Sky" he begged, bringing her to her old favorite spot at their two person kitchen table by the window. Skylar sat down, hands on her lap. Liam sat across her.

"You betrayed my trust" Skylar said

Liam ran his hand through his hair, pulling towards the end.
"I don't think you understand how much shit I have going on"

"You're right I don't" Skylar said "you won't tell me ANYTHING" she snapped out

Liam grabbed his favorite mug, the only thing that survived his latest meltdown, best big bro, and threw it across the kitchen. He was frustrated, getting up from his seat constantly and walking around as Skylar glared at him. Liam paced back and forth, throwing more items when he saw fit.

"I'm doing this to keep you safe" he said using his wand to repair the damage he did while pacing. The photos stayed shredded, she had once heard that magically enchanted photos weren't fixable if damaged. That seemed to be the case here as their only family photos laid on the dirty ground.

"You brought me to their hideout" Skylar started with "you made me stay the weekend with my ABUSIVE ex boyfriend" Liam flinched "you erased my memory in hopes that I wouldn't remember what happened. Oh but my dreams brought it all back, I remember everything" Skylar got out of her seat and shoved at Liam "you—" she felt her throat tightening with emotions "you—" she tried again, fighting back tears "you let them BRAND ME" she ripped up the arm of her long sleeved teeshirt, exposing her very dark snake and skull tattoo "you were supposed to PROTECT ME FROM HARM"

Liam turned away from Skylar, but she moved herself to be in front of him again
"Say something you bastard!!"

"What do you want me to say?!" He yelled back

"I want to know what the FUCK is going on" She said back, face to face the two siblings glared at one another. Before this year, Skylar and Liam had never fought. Not once.

"I'm keeping you safe that's all you need to know" Liam said pained

Skylar laughed
"Fuck you, I hope the Potter's win this case"