62

Monday Morning

Sirius waited until Monday for the hope of seeing Skylar again. He took the initiative to check on their potion yesterday, it seemed neither of them remembered Saturday with so much going on in their lives. Mixing the potion when she wasn't near him was more of a punch to his gut, knowing she was with her brother wouldn't affect him as badly if he knew she was safe. She had been worried about his reaction to her letter, this was his reaction. He took her out of school with the pretext of an emergency. He told Dumbledore he would be bringing her back this morning.

Sirius pushed around his breakfast, waiting for his copper headed sweetheart to walk through the Great Hall but she didn't. James and Remus felt just as worried as Sirius it seemed. When Sirius returned to his friends that night and explained what happened, James was in just as much shock. Peter didn't react, Remus was out of his mind so Sirius had to retell the story the following day when he was in recovery. None of them felt as guilty as Sirius did though, the one time they are truly able to be alone it went sour. He had every intention of asking her out, he even bought a necklace with the initial S on it. For Skylar but for Sirius as well, he loved buying her gifts. Now the necklace laid with her puffer jacket and her cat, it seemed he was growing a collection of items that were bought for her by him.

"She won't miss class" Peter tried bringing the group out of their misfortune

"She might not have a choice" Sirius said back, with more attitude than intended. For once he didn't feel like fighting Peter and his obsession with Skylar. He just wanted her back and safe.

"What do we have first" James asked his friends "Monday's are always hard to remember"

"A free period" Remus added "Skylar has Ancient Runes with Lily"

"So let's go to that classroom and see if she shows up?" James suggested

"Or we wait until Defense class" Peter said

"Why would we wait" James said feeling up for the argument. Sirius stayed staring at his waffles and sausage, things Skylar would have ate with him.

"I just don't think it's a good idea to bombard her with our presence immediately" Peter said getting out of his seat "let's just go to the court yard and hang about. It's a nice morning for that"

"Go ahead" Sirius said "I'm going to try to find Skylar. Who has the map?"

"Me" James said pulling open his bag "the bell is about to go off, if she's going to her first class her name will show up"

Together the pair looked through the map after commanding it to reveal its magic. Remus kept lookout as the bell went off and students began getting out of their seats. Peter trailed off with a group of Slytherin's that no one seemed to pay attention to. He knew they were occupied and so he used this time to catch up with that group.

"There!!" James yelled at a spot on the map. Sirius saw that he was pointing to the Ancient Runes classroom, where Skylar's name appeared. It seemed she was already waiting for class to begin. Sirius got out of his seat and, with James and Remus at his side, ran for that room in hopes of catching her before it began.

Sirius had so many things to ask Skylar.
Are you hurt?
What happened?
Can I hold you?
Be my girlfriend?
His list was long but he was just glad to know she was back in the castle.

Though when the friends arrived at her class, they didn't see her. Lily walked passed them, side-eying the friend group but then sat beside some Gryffindor that Sirius recognized as Theo, someone who fancied Lily almost as much as James. James went to walk into the class room to stop Theo from making eyes at Lily but the Professor walked up to their group instead.
"I don't believe I have you three in my class" Professor Babbling said