163

Sirius and James met with Peter the next morning at the old cottage Skylar and Sirius used to occupy. Remus was living here at one point, but Peter assured them it was only him living in it these days.
"I don't know where Remus is" Peter confessed. "It's possible he's at his childhood home"

The friends were inside, sitting at the kitchen island. The area flooded Sirius with memories, he swore he could see himself and Skylar still dancing to old muggle music while making breakfast together. If he allowed himself to walk around he would find more memories. The window seat where he would watch Skylar as she sat with Shadow. The bedroom where they made love countless times. The balcony where Skylar would be up late into the night watching the stars. Every good memory Sirius could recall happened in this cottage. Their new home was perfect for them, but it would never be what this once was.
Lighting a cigarette Sirius looked at Peter.
"What's this meeting about?" Not wanting to beat around the bush, Sirius wanted to end this conversation and get back to his home. The entire night he spent cleaning and organizing Aurora's room. He was going to surprise Skylar with it when the week ended, praying to whoever was listening that she would still want to be with him at that point. Sirius wouldn't be able to contact Skylar while Peter had the Fidelius charm, he just hoped she wouldn't be too mad at him for the risk they were taking. James promised to keep Skylar safe, that was all that mattered. He trusted his best friend with his entire world, knowing he wouldn't let him down. James has never once let Sirius down.

"I heard a rumor that Skylar is pregnant" Peter said. Sirius tensed up immediately, hating that yet another person knew that secret.

"Who did you hear that from?" James asked.

"Remus" Peter lied.
James and Sirius shared a look, one filled with hatred for their slimy friend.
"He can't be trusted"

"We have a proposition for you" James said.

Skylar woke up days after her fall out with Sirius. The amount of potion she took was too much for her body, it knocked her unconscious for a total of six days. Skylar looked at the calendar and saw it was October 31st, Halloween was today.
She got up and stretched her limbs, noticing a glass of water beside her bed she drank it until it was empty. Someone must have been keeping her body hydrated while in her slumber, assuming it was Sirius she got up to look for him. Aurora kicked inside her stomach, more than usual. She noticed it was a sign of hunger. Feeling like a terrible mom already she walked downstairs as quickly as her full swollen belly would allow.

Skylar felt surprised at the lack of smell coming from the kitchen. She looked at the clock on the wall and noticed it was 8pm, typically dinner for the group.
When Skylar reached the kitchen she saw Lily and James were sitting together eating a sandwich.
"Oh Merlin you're finally awake" Lily said relieved. She waddled over to Skylar and pulled her into a side embrace, being that both of their stomachs were too big to hug from the front.

James was the next to hug Skylar, just as worried as his wife was.
Lily sat days with guilt from over dosing Skylar, unaware that Skylar took extra on her own.
"How're you feeling?" James asked helping her to a seat. Harry was in his high chair eating a small meal himself. He had most of it on his clothes, Skylar found the sight amusing.

"I'm ok" Skylar confessed. She felt like a part of her soul was missing. When she looked around for Sirius she knew that was the reason for her sadness. "Where is Sirius?"

James hadn't mentioned to Lily the plan to switch secret keepers, he didn't want to worry her. Keeping the same pattern he didn't tell Skylar either.
"We don't know, I think he is still trying to give you space"

Skylar frowned at the notion.
"Can you go get him?" She felt hurt that her husband hadn't come by to check on her at least.

"I can" James smiled at Skylar. He told Sirius he wanted a week but he didn't mind stopping the plan early. Nothing happened while Peter had the charm on him, James felt confident that they used enough time to try their plan out.