89

"This could be helpful" Remus muttered to himself. Some time had passed between when Sirius and James left, to when they finally returned. A pop of apparation sounded, both of the guys were again standing in the living space with full groceries.

"Sorry we ran behind on time, Padfoot wanted to make us all dinner of course. So we needed to do some light shopping" James said placing the bags he carried onto the counter. He started to put things away, learning where it all went thing morning in his search for breakfast items.

"Ive got more Dittany, where is Skylar?" Sirius asked the group. His wand took around ten minutes to be checked as usual, but no hexes were found on it. Ollivander told him with great confidence that it would work just fine for him.

"Peter brought her to your room a little bit ago" Remus said, flipping another page of his book "Lily went to go check on her"

"Lily should be a nurse, she's so soft and caring" James said sighing "anyone want to injury me so I can be the next one taken care of?"

Remus rolled his eyes but chuckled slightly.
"You're insane"

"Thanks for helping her Wormtail" Sirius said, nodding his head towards his quiet friend. Peter sat with a book in his hand, scrolling through pages looking for someway to help Skylar from what it looked like on the outside. On the inside, he was panicking. Lily went to check on Skylar, if his spell didn't work she would be discussing what happened with her and he would be screwed. If he erased too much of her memory like what happened to them at the ministry, he also would be screwed. Someone would know immediately that her mind was tampered with. It was only his second time using a memory charm, it could have failed.

Peter saw marks left on the page of the book he was reading, marks from his tight grip. He knew he messed up, but he truly felt no regret from the encounter. The only problems were his best friend's rage and his lack of confidence in his spell.
"Of course" he answered nonchalantly.

Sirius left the group and walked up to his bedroom to find his girlfriend and her best friend. He knew Skylar's throat would be hurting like it was this morning, he wanted to give her Dittany immediately. He felt like his head trauma could have waited to be dealt with but Lily disagreed, making him take their only potion. Opening the door, he realized how quiet the room was. Silence in this room hadn't been heard for more than a day, Skylar's night echoed in his head still. Sirius wasn't sure if he would ever forget the way she clung to him in pain. It would happen again before they went to school, he was sure of it. Just two more days he thought to himself, placing his wand on his side of the bed. Skylar wasn't laying down in bed, the shower wasn't running either but the door was cracked with the light on.
"Sky?" Sirius called out, he received no answer.

Sirius walked to the bathroom door and pushed it open, when the room came into view he saw Lily was sitting beside Skylar on the ground. Sirius immediately felt uneasy, rushing to sit with her Dittany bottle in hand.
"I found her asleep on the ground when I came to check" Lily said, hand caressing Skylar's hair. "She must be in a deep sleep, I tried waking her but she wasn't budging"
Sirius checked her pulse and placed his head on her back to check for a beating heart, she had both.
"I checked that already" Lily added "do you think I would be sitting calmly if she wasn't breathing?"

Sirius started to rub Skylar's back soothingly, he knew what she was feeling. He was fully exhausted now that he wasn't working in a fight or flight mode. His eyes were softly shutting, the longer he stared at his sleeping beauty the more exhausted he felt.
"She must have been passed exhaustion if she pass out here" Sirius said yawning.

"You both are" Lily added "I know James is too, wether he wants to admit it or not. I think the three of you need sleep, I can wake you guys in a few hours?" She offered