87

A completely blank canvas was what Skylar and Jackson walked into. The only two in the room taking the test, walked in together.
"Imagine if you had to do this alone" whispered Jackson. Skylar chucked softly, she really would have been bent over with nerves if that was the case.

A female with a short dark pixie haircut was standing in the middle of the room, circles lined both sides of the walls at least 6 on both ends. Skylar was briefed on what the test would be like from her boyfriend and best friends who all took it earlier than her. She had studied the process of Apparation, she knew the ins and outs of the entire theory. Remus' notes on the subject were her biggest help, he remembered every detail that was talked about. If all it took to pass was a good memory, she would ace the examine.

"Hello" the lady said, she was in a beautiful dark suit. Heels that made her taller than Skylar, just under Jackson's height. "My name is Thelma Rehbein and I will be your instructor for the next hour or so. Could be less time being that you are the only two in class. Miss.Potter correct?" The lady asked pointing towards Skylar.

"Yes" Skylar answered, fidgeting slightly.

"Mr.Wheeler?" She asked Jackson who nodded his head in agreement. "If you two will chose a circle to stand in, we shall begin"

Skylar chose a circle in the middle while Jackson took the one directly beside her.
"If your boyfriend passed, you'll have no issues don't be so nervous" Jackson said noticing her movement. Skylar was bouncing from foot to foot, trying to shake off the bad feeling she was receiving.

Skylar side-eyed the male beside her.
"What is that supposed to mean?"

"Uh I—" Before Jackson could elaborate, the instructor cleared her throat to bring attention to herself.

"Destination, Determination, Deliberation, the three D's of Apparation. Destination? Simple enough you want to have a clear image of where you are going. Determination? Let nothing stop you from achieving your goal. Deliberation? Put thought and care into your journey. Now to begin, you will simple jump from one circle to the next through your magic. Typically, Apparation isn't allowed inside the ministry but there are a few spots that are allowed the option during testing. This being one of them, the final room we test you in is also one of the few. Now, splinching is quiet common in someone's first attempt at traveling. Splinching is when a witch or wizard unsuccessfully travels and leaves part of her or his body behind. Toes, fingers, ears, all common. The worst that I've seen is someone left behind their head, I'm sure you can imagine what happened to that poor soul. Now if we are ready to begin, wands stay in your pocket"

Skylar's wand was inside her slacks, her wand was short enough to fit into her pocket which was convenient seeing that Jackson's was sticking out awkwardly. Skylar closed her mind to everything except her destination, the circle in front of her. She felt her arm burn again, she prayed to Merlin that it wasn't the beginning of a summoning. Not now she begged her mind please just give me peace

Jackson and Skylar made it to the circle at the same time, almost racing through the test together. Once she landed, he did as well. She only barely beat him at the end, jumping from one room to the final destination that they were shown halfway through their time. Jackson complained of his finger hurting, which the instructor mentioned could be the working of a splinch. Skylar felt nothing, not even her arm burning, it ceased for the moment.
"All in all, you both did really well" Thelma said "I will give you two a passing grade, you are now able to use magic outside of your school and magically transport yourselves. Remember, magic in front of a muggle is still prohibited. You will be trialed as adults if you break this rule, meaning wands confiscated and possible Azkaban sentencing. Have a good day" the instructor said, dismissing the two students.