67

The morning of James' and Skylar's departure felt grime. Sirius and Remus were not given leave to attend, to their great dislike. Sirius received a howler from asking his mother for permission to attend Skylar's trail. She belittled him the entire letter, yelling about how worthless he was. Sirius didn't react to the letter, things his mother had said to him before nothing new as he put it. Skylar wasn't aware that he sent her a request until that moment, feeling both warmth and sadness towards the act. He hated his mother, but he still tried everything he could to be there to support his girlfriend. Dumbledore wasn't allowing either Sirius or Remus to attend without permission. Remus' father told him it wasn't a good enough excuse to miss out on time he could use for studies. Remus wrote a long letter explaining his need to be present but his father declined.

Breakfast was hard to eat for Skylar, lunch the same and dinner was even worse. Sirius filled plates with her favorites for all three and rubbed her back throughout the hours, but nothing could make her eat. The feeling of anxiety never stopped her from eating until she began dating Rowan, now anytime she was down the last thing she could do was think of food. Lily noticed Skylar not even lifting her fork, worrying her old friend again.

"What's going on?" Lily asked the group

"It's nothing" Skylar said back

"Is it your brother?" Lily asked quietly

"I'm pretty sure I said it was nothing" Skylar snapped

Lily picked up her pumpkin muffin and tossed it, hitting Skylar in the face. Skylar flinched, taken back by the rude act.
"Don't be an ass" Lily said, face turning red "I care that's why I'm asking"

Sirius, James, Remus and even Peter who was joining their meal looked at the two females stunned. Lily, in James' mind, was trying to rekindle Skylar and her friendship but Skylar was stubborn. Figuring it was his time to intervene,
"You could—" James tried to speak but Sirius stuffed the thrown muffin into his best friends mouth, silencing him.

"Don't" Sirius threatened. Knowing that James was going to ruin Skylar's mood further by taking Lily's side, Sirius stopped him. James was going to be Skylar's only support during this trail, she couldn't go into this weekend with any animosity towards him.

James rolled his eyes but kept his opinion to himself. Making a mental note to bring the subject up when Skylar was at his parents, soon to be their parents, house.

"You know" Skylar said, hair turning blood red as the seconds passed. The brown she woke up with no where to be seen. "you could just apologize and all would be well again"

Lily turned her head to the side, raising her eyebrows slightly
"For what?"

Skylar leaned forward, chin resting on her knuckles. Backing down wasn't something Skylar was interested in anymore, no matter the person.
"Im not here to explain why you need to apologize. If you don't know how you hurt me that's on you, not me"

Lily looked at Skylar's friend group as if any of them were going to explain in more detail. None spoke, even James kept silent this time. It wasn't their business to get involved in this morning, as Sirius made that clear to his friends.

"I'm sorry" Lily said after taking a deep breath.

"For what?" Skylar repeated her red headed counterpart's words from earlier

James smacked his hand over his forehead. The want to intervene was going to overpower his friend's wish for him to be silent. It was like an itch that was waiting for relief, he wanted nothing more than to put both of them in an empty classroom and leave them there until they fixed their issues.

Sky Full Of Stars *Sirius Black Love*जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें