102

Skylar saw her bruised hand the next morning. She made it to her common room without any more complications, she wasn't sure where Jackson went but she was able to avoid him. Moving her knuckles around, she winced from the pain.
"Possibly sprained, definitely not broken" she said to herself in the bathroom. She knew she broke Jackson's nose though, she hit him good. A sick smirk crossed her face, then disappeared quickly. She would have to do rounds with him again Saturday. Skylar mentioned taking Maggie, but she would rather be anywhere else than with the snotty pixie haired brat. If Regulus was speaking to her, she would have no issues she could take him. Sighing deeply, Skylar finished getting dressed and walked out of her dorm room.

Speaking of, Regulus was sitting by the fireplace alone. No one littered the area, being that it was still early. Skylar took a deep breath and walked over to her old friend.
"Hey" she said sitting beside him. Regulus didn't say anything, but he also didn't move. Skylar felt like that was a small victory. "I hope everything is ok, though if you're situation is what i think it is I know it's not. I just want to say I miss your company and wish you well"

Skylar got out of her seat, as she did she felt a hand reach for hers

Skylar got out of her seat, as she did she felt a hand reach for hers. Regulus stared at the fireplace, holding Skylar's hand softly. It wasn't tight, just a lose hold he had on her. Skylar felt like that was a sign to stay, so she sat back down and stared at the fireplace with her old friend. No words were exchanged, but when the two heard noises echoing from dorm rooms, Regulus got out of his seat and moved to the exit of their common room. Skylar saw Jackson walking out of his dorm, sporting two bruised eyes from her hit to his nose. She may have bruised her hand too, but it was well worth it.

Walking out of the common room herself, she started for the Great Hall. Skylar noticed Regulus was waiting on the wall, one foot propped up. She walked by him, as she did she heard footsteps following her. Skylar looked behind her body and saw Regulus was close, but not too close. She wasn't sure why he was keeping his distance, or why he was ignoring her but having her friend by her side again made her feel calm. Jackson was around the corner next, waiting for Skylar to show up. His roommates, Sammie the teams chaser and Gregory the team beater, made fun of Jackson when he explained where his bruise came from. He thought about hiding the truth, but he knew it would get out and rather take the onslaught of words now than later. It didn't mean he wasn't going to make Skylar pay for it though. She got him good, he was sure to get her better.

Jackson went up to her, mouth open to start word vomiting her way, then he closed it. Jackson looked behind Skylar and saw Regulus was almost to her side. Finding himself embarrassed again that Skylar had injured him, he turned around and walked away from the encounter. Skylar didn't say anything to him, she didn't care what he had to say. Hoping that she could convince Regulus to walk rounds with her from now on, she kept moving. Skylar planned to ask her friend Saturday, before she would have to be faced with Jackson again.

Sirius was waiting for Skylar outside of the Great Hall. His friends were inside, adjusting to being awake. Sirius had an odd feeling last night, something didn't feel right to him. Until he saw Skylar, he wouldn't feel well. When he took the map out of Remus' bag that night, he saw Skylar was walking alone. Jackson was left behind in the court yard. Sirius grabbed the invisibility cloak and went to meet her, but she was already back in her dorm by the time he got himself readied. Not knowing why she was alone had him anxiously pushing his hand through his hair.