49

"Skylar" Rowan said, moving his eyes from Sirius to her own. The darkness in his vision intensified, he was trying to intimidate her.

Skylar went from looking at him, to ignoring him. She moved her eyes to the cauldron that was covered in the front of their classroom. Even with her racing heart she kept her composure. Sirius moved his body to block Rowan's view of her. James did the same thing from beside Rowan.
"Trying to make me jealous, Jackburn?" James played "why don't you focus on the partner you have, not the one you lost"

Remus chuckled from in front of Skylar and Sirius' desk. He loved witnessing James taunting the male who's brought distress to his friend all year.

"Something funny?" Rowan asked Remus

"There you go again" James said "paying attention to someone else but me, and to think I gave up my partner to be yours"

"Feel free to take him back" Rowan snapped "I prefer the presence of what's MINE"

"She's not your property" Lily said from in front of them, surprising Skylar the most out of this whole situation. Lily has never stood up for Skylar, she's never needed to until now. Skylar kept details of what she went through away from Lily, not wanting to involve her friend who goes through worse being muggle-born.

"Shut the fuck up mud—" James took his wand out and pointed it to Rowan's cheek, cutting off his sentence

"Don't even think of finishing that sentence" James said, not finding humor in the situation anymore. Severus didn't look fazed sitting by Lily, almost like he's used to who he follows around in the common room calling her that.

Rowan smirked deeply, seeming to find James' defensiveness amusing now.
"Go ahead, Potter. Defend your filthy friend"

"Shut up" Skylar said now ending her silence. Lily looked from Rowan to Skylar who was standing out of her seat, Sirius standing with her.

Rowan got out of his seat too
"Skylar stop playing games and get over here. Now"

Students in the room were quietly watching this group's interaction. Quill and Adrian sat waiting for the moment everything went down again, Adrian wanted to go for another round with James and Quill wanted to play now too. Knowing James and Sirius, they wouldn't care how many of Rowan's friends joined in their fight they would take them all on. Skylar and Rowan glared at one another, that was until she smelled something so strong it pulled her senses back to a calm reality. Her body was being washed in the scent of dumpling soup, pears, and the wonderful scent of gold mixed with sandalwood and vanilla. She knew immediately that the last of the notes was what Sirius smelled like. He was standing beside her but she didn't smell his fragrance this strongly before. Skylar knew there was only one potion that would create this aroma.

"Good afternoon class" Professor Slughorn said bringing everyone's attention forward to the cauldron that was once covered.

"Amortentia" Skylar said freeing herself from the trance she was stuck in

"10 points to Slytherin" Slughorn said excited "indeed this is Amortentia, the most powerful Love Potion to exist. Highly dangerous, if you were to drink this well...let's just say you're only focus would be who the creator was"

"It doesn't create actual love, it just mimics the obsession of it" Lily added

"Correct Miss.Evans, can anyone tell me what it smells like?" Slughorn asked

"The smell is fully dependent on the person" Skylar answered

"Correct!" Slughorn was showing excitement again, having the twin flames going back and forth answering questions and adding knowledge "who's brave enough to describe what they smell? Miss.Miller will you honor us as the first?"