13

"Oh no, I didn't drive my car here." Pei Tingsong was still an ABC who grew up abroad. Whenever he was anxious, he would say something that started with "f". Fang Juexia turned a deaf ear to him and continued to wash the dishes quietly.

"Do you have a car?" Pei Tingsong walked over as he put on his hat. He was still wearing the grayish-purple hoodie from yesterday.

Fang Juexia shook the water off his hands. "Yes." Although it was not a good car, it could still be used for transportation. However, he did not intend to help. "You can call a cab."

Pei Tingsong raised his hand and glanced at his watch. "It's very difficult to call a cab these days."

"But I have to go to the office later."

"It's on the way. Send me off first." Pei Tingsong dragged him to the entryway. He quickly took Fang Juexia's white down jacket from the hanger and wrapped it around Fang Juexia's body. He zipped it up and said, "Quick."

This person was simply … Fang Juexia did not know how to describe him.

He was different from all the people he had met before.

The result was obvious. Fang Juexia parked the car outside P University, where people were coming and going. He pulled down the brim of his hat. The person in the front passenger seat was sleeping soundly. When he was woken up by Fang Juexia, he frowned and even pulled down his woolen hat to cover his eyes.

Fang Juexia sighed and said coldly, "They're taking attendance."

Pei Tingsong woke up with a start. He pushed his hat back up and stared at him for three seconds. Fang Juexia opened the car door. "Get out."

"So fast?"

It was not fast at all. They passed six traffic lights in twenty-three minutes. Four of them took more than forty seconds. Fortunately, the traffic was not too bad.

Pei Tingsong looked at the rearview mirror and adjusted his hat. He got out of the car and closed the door. He tilted his head and waved at Fang Juexia in the car. "Thanks."

Fang Juexia nodded and watched as Pei Tingsong jogged into the campus with his backpack. His phone rang. It was a message from his mother.

[Juexia, I was watching the show at home and realized that you weren't there last week. Are you sick?]

Only then did Fang Juexia remember that he had forgotten to tell his mother that there had been too many things happening recently. He didn't expect that even the episode he had recorded had been completely cut out.

[No, I'm in good health. It's just that I don't feel like filming that show anymore, so I left. Mom, don't worry. I'll call you tonight.]

After editing and sending it out, Fang Juexia prepared to start the car and leave. But when he lowered his head, he found a card on the front passenger seat. It was even covered with a matte black card cover. He flipped the card over, and sure enough, it was a picture of Pei Tingsong.

Even the picture on his campus card exuded the arrogance of a devil incarnate.

He wanted to send a message to Pei Tingsong to inform him, but he realized that he did not have Pei Tingsong's contact information.

It was just a campus card. He could just go back to the dormitory and put it on his desk.

Fang Juexia held the small card and stared at the smiling face of the youngest in the picture. He thought of how he felt when he lost his campus card at school.

He couldn't eat without a card, couldn't go to the library, and had to swipe his card in some classrooms.

Alas.