25

After putting down his phone, Pei Tingsong still couldn't fall asleep. It was already 3: 30 in the morning. He sat at his desk and turned on his computer. The USB was lying on the table. He thought about what Fang Juexia said in a fit of pique. He picked up the USB and plugged it in.

But when the computer popped up a dialog box asking if he wanted to open it, Pei Tingsong hesitated.

It wasn't a good time yet.

He could see that Fang Juexia cherished his creation. As a creator, he could completely understand this feeling. A work of painstaking effort needed to be treated better.

After pulling out the USB, Pei Tingsong laid on the table. When he closed his eyes, he thought about the interview. They gave different answers to almost every question. Fang Juexia was like a window. Just by pushing it open a little, he could see a world completely different from the one he was in.

He had never seen such a person. He lived quietly and soberly. He didn't need any slogans, nor did he need to show any rebellious spirit. It was as if he was born with the ability to maintain himself.

Pei Tingsong remembered something. He sat up and searched for the documentary about the proof of Fermat's last theorem.

He didn't know much about mathematics since he was a child, and he wasn't very interested in it. Before he watched it, he guessed that the movie experience wouldn't be very good. But what was surprising was that he actually looked at it seriously and even went deep into it.

Clang —

There was a sudden noise outside.

Pei Tingsong paused the movie, took off his headphones, and quietly walked out of the room. The source of the sound seemed to be the living room. He walked along the corridor and didn't expect to see Fang Juexia.

He was still wearing the plush coat that Ling Yi gave him. He was squatting in the corridor sneakily. Pei Tingsong wanted to scare him, but he was afraid that he would really scream and wake up the others. So he quietly approached and squatted next to Fang Juexia.

The two of them were next to each other, blocking the corridor exit.

Fang Juexia was completely unaware that there was an extra person next to him. He was trying to tidy up a stack of books that he accidentally knocked over when he passed by. On top of the book was an old copper vase. He walked along the walkway and bumped into the vase as soon as he turned the corner. The vase fell to the ground with a loud thud, giving him a fright.

Fang Juexia set the vase upright and placed it beside his hand. Most of these books were so old that their pages were curled up. Perhaps it was because of this that they were pressed down by the vase.

Pei Tingsong must have just moved them here and had no place to put them, so they piled them here. Fang Juexia's obsessive-compulsive disorder made him involuntarily organize the books for him. Until the last book was left, there was a rectangular bookmark on the opened page. Under the light of the floor lamp, he recognized the handwriting.

It was Pei Tingsong.

Fang Juexia could not help but whisper, "A robin is trapped in a cage, and the whole of heaven is in a frenzy …"

"Cough."

The sudden cough scared Fang Juexia so much that he sat on the ground and accidentally knocked over the vase.

Shit!

The vase did not fall down as he expected. The walkway was still very quiet, so quiet that Fang Juexia could hear his own heartbeat.