97

Fang Juexia felt as if his mother was right in front of him, sitting in that familiar chair.

The door that had never been knocked on collapsed in an instant.

There was no sound from the other end of the phone. Fang Juexia began to regret. Perhaps he shouldn't have told her everything so directly. At least, he should have waited until he was home and by her side. He was just confessing everything, but how long would it take for his mother to accept everything? How would she sleep tonight?

"Mom …" Fang Juexia called again.

Finally, a voice came from the other end. It sounded like a sigh, weak and powerless.

"I know." Fang Juexia's mother was trying hard to pretend. Just like all these years, pretending had become a part of her life. Even if they were really abandoned, she had to raise her son alone. But she never showed any pain in front of Fang Juexia. She was always smiling.

But at this moment, when she knew that her husband had hurt her son, her tears finally burst out. "It's my fault, Juexia. I'm sorry."

Hearing his mother cry, Fang Juexia was even sadder. "No, Mom. You're the best mother in the world. You didn't do anything wrong. I just don't want someone else to be forced to tell you this. "

"I know. Don't worry about me. " Fang Juexia's mother tried hard to hold back her tears. "I know. Remember, you'll always be the most important person to me. No matter what happens, you must protect yourself. I'm old. I don't have the ability to continue protecting you. "

Fang Juexia held the phone and squatted down along the wall. He was never a child who was used to expressing his love. The closer he was to home, the more he cared about it, the more he couldn't say it out loud.

Pei Tingsong also squatted down and gently stroked his hair.

"I love you, Mom."

"You still have me."

He finally said it, sobbing like a child.

"In the future … wait for me to come home, okay?"

Pei Tingsong watched all of this from the side. His love for the house, his love for the dog also made him feel as if he was experiencing all of this himself. He didn't understand maternal love, nor did he understand paternal love. He had read many literary works that glorified this feeling and understood the natural dependence of human beings on the mother during their growth. But to him, these were just words to record and topics for thinking.

But Fang Juexia, whom he loved the most, did his best to protect his family.

He was more profound than all words.

After working through the night, everyone began to move. This was a tough battle. His father's reputation was irrefutable, and he was also a drug addict that the netizens hated the most. It was very easy for him to be distracted, so he had to be 120% focused.

Fang Juexia even took out the steel rod that he had kept as evidence.

"But …" Cheng Qiang was a little worried. "Are these not enough evidence to prove that his father abandoned his wife and son?"

This was also what Fang Juexia was worried about.

However, he did not expect to receive an email from his mother at 5: 30 in the morning.

[Juexia, Mom has thought a lot and understood the seriousness of this matter. It's true that Mom has been deceiving herself all these years, but you will always be the person I love the most. You are the child I will protect no matter what. These are the medical records of Mom's treatment in the hospital after she was beaten. All these years, I have filed missing person reports and documents. After he took away all the debts, I checked the accounts. There are also photos of the injuries that I took at the time. Some of them are yours, and some are mine. Originally, I wanted to wait for him to wake up and let him take a look, but I'm afraid I can't wait anymore.