96

Fang Juexia clenched his fists tightly. His emotions surged up the moment he heard the news, almost drowning him.

But he quickly calmed down. When he looked up at Cheng Qiang, a trace of apology rose in his heart.

"I'm sorry, Chang Ge. I've been preparing to confess this matter to you, but I haven't found the right opportunity."

Cheng Qiang was indeed surprised when he first heard the news, but the recent storms had trained him to bear it. He pulled the two of them into the office and asked them to sit down. Then he said, "It's difficult for you to tell us this kind of private information. And now it's not a direct exposure, so there's still room for negotiation. Let's stabilize the situation first. The company has to discuss such a large public relations fee. The other party probably won't announce it immediately. "

"Chang Ge," Pei Tingsong said, "Send me the anonymous letter. I'll ask someone to investigate it."

Cheng Qiang nodded. "Okay, then I'll contact the public relations team."

"I'll do it," Pei Tingsong said as he lowered his head to send the message. "If you want to hire someone, then hire the most expensive and best public relations team. Recently, bad things have happened one after another. I've long wanted to deal with this person."

Cheng Qiang sighed and looked at Fang Juexia. "Juexia, now that things have come to this point, I hope you can tell us everything."

Fang Juexia struggled internally. It wasn't that he didn't want to say it, but it was too torturous to face the ugly side of his father. But he had no other choice.

He took a deep breath and looked at Cheng Qiang, trying to recount his past in the calmest and most objective words.

"He used to be a dancer with a bright future, but because of a stage accident, he was disabled and his career was cut short. Later, he became addicted to alcohol, domestic violence, and drugs. Ten years ago, he abandoned me and my mother, took all the family's money, and left. Not long ago, I saw him again. He had been addicted to drugs for many years. The first time he saw me, he wanted to knock me out and kidnap me in exchange for drug money. Later, we sent him to a drug rehabilitation center. We thought that would be the end of it, but who would have thought … "

He explained the entire process clearly, leaving out the details and without any emotion, as if he was just repeating something that had nothing to do with him. But Cheng Qiang felt like crying when he heard every word. He couldn't imagine that this was something that a father could do to his own son.

Knock them out and kidnap them in exchange for money.

These were all things that Fang Juexia had experienced without their knowledge. Ever since the first day Cheng Qiang took over Kaledo, he loved the child in front of him the most. He was the best at everything, but he was quiet and afraid of making mistakes. He lived on a tightrope every day.

He couldn't help but hold Fang Juexia's shoulder, but Fang Juexia just shook his head. "It's okay. I'm just sorry that I didn't tell you about this when he appeared. Now that things have happened, it's so urgent."

Cheng Qiang smiled bitterly. "It's not much use to tell you. If someone really wants to implicate his son with a drug addict father, even if we started preparing for our debut, we still wouldn't be able to stop our losses."

Debut.

Hearing these two words, Fang Juexia only felt his throat dry up, as if thousands of cold needles were pricking his face.

He was born with a birthmark on his face, night blindness that made him unsuitable to perform on a dark stage, and he was also burdened with the time bomb of a drug addict father.