Chapter 58 - 59

Chapter 58: Saving people from the tiger's mouth

On the other side, Su Ziyi changed his clothes after Bian Qing and the others went out, and went into the mountain carrying a hatchet.

Doing the math, it has been several months since he last entered the mountains. So as soon as he stepped into the mountains and listened to the sound of tiny dry branches being crushed under his feet, making a "clicking" sound, he actually felt a little longing for it in his heart.

But even so, he never thought about going deeper.

On the one hand, it was because he really went into the mountains to collect firewood; on the other hand, because New Year's Eve was approaching, he would find less things to do and there would be fewer accidents. This would also make Bian Qing and Su Yulang feel at ease and not always If you are worried that you are fine, then you will make a big deal out of it. When he thought of this, he shook his head helplessly.

After all, it was the middle of winter, and the scenery in the mountains was completely different from the last time he entered the mountains. The ground is full of fallen leaves. Except for some evergreen trees, the branches of many big trees are empty. Some broken trunks and dead old trees stand out abruptly, which can be seen at a glance.

Therefore, Su Ziyi did not waste any time. He breathed into the palm of his hand, rubbed his hands, took out the hatchet hanging from his waist, stepped forward, and started chopping with a bang. For a time, the entire quiet mountain forest echoed with the sound of him chopping firewood.

Because the family needed more firewood because of the long winter, Su Ziyi chopped more firewood. It was just that he was cutting higher and higher, completely unaware that the others were already walking deeper into the mountain. It wasn't until he stopped sweating all over and felt his arms were a little tired that he realized that he had already walked deeper into the mountain. A piece of it.

He immediately stopped and without thinking, he immediately cut some vines from the nearby tree and tied the chopped firewood into a bundle. After making sure that the bundle was strong, he took it in his hand. After weighing the bag, he walked on the same path without looking back. As he walked, he did not forget to pick up the firewood that had fallen on the ground and bundle it into a pile.

In this way, he picked up bundles all the way, and soon packed up all the chopped firewood before lunch. All that was left was to pick up the bundles of fallen firewood and take them home. He looked at the sky and thought that it was time for Bian Qing and Su Yulang to come back, so he picked up the load on the ground without any further delay and planned to pick a few bundles back and come back in the rest of the afternoon.

However, he had just put the burden on his shoulders, and before he could stand up straight, a thin "pop" sound penetrated his ears. At first, the sound was very small, like the hissing of mosquitoes in summer, but soon the sound became louder. When you hear it, you can tell that it is the sound of countless branches being broken, sometimes with the sound of some branches being broken. .

This made Su Ziyi subconsciously let go of his burden.

The relaxation on his face completely disappeared. He had a cold face and pursed his lips tightly. The hatchet originally hanging on his waist was now in his hand, and his eyes were fixed on the direction of the sound. . The sound disappeared after ringing for a while, as if it was Su Ziyi's illusion, but Su Ziyi did not relax and still stared in that direction.

Sure enough, after a while, the voice sounded again, and it seemed to be getting closer and closer. Just when Su Ziyi was ready to respond, a loud roar came over, and the "roar" shook Su Ziyi's whole body. He no longer hesitated, and went towards the place where the sound came from with a hatchet in his hand. run.