Chapter 237 - 238

Chapter 237 Broken Cloth

This is a piece of cloth that is so damaged that it is almost unbearable to look at it.

Because it had been left there for too long, the original color of the cloth could no longer be seen. Looking from a distance, all one could see was a brownish-yellow patch, just like a coarse linen garment that had never been starched. What makes it even more difficult to get rid of is that there are black spots on the cloth, which look like dirt stuck on it.

This made almost everyone present frown.

Cloth is quite fragile, so when taking things out of the wooden box to display, Su Linyu was very careful, especially when dealing with the corners that were pitted by insect bites or natural weathering. He didn't even dare to make a sound. After successfully shaking the cloth out in front of him, his whole shoulders sank.

After the cloth was opened, the inner beauty was finally revealed.

As a result, everyone discovered that the piece of cloth was worse than what they had seen before when they folded it up. The fabric is extremely thin and transparent. When Su Linyu stands behind the fabric, people on the seats above can still see the embroidered patterns on his clothes through the fabric. Without the wind blowing, the fabric is already fluttering in his hands, like spring. The catkins are already pitiful before they are moved.

Unfortunately, it does not have the good looks of catkins.

Looking at the above content again, my eyebrows furrowed even more.

This is a completely different type of writing than that used in the current era. Even going back thousands of years, this symbol has not appeared in any document. It is completely unfamiliar, leaving all the viewers scratching their heads. They cannot figure out what the content on the cloth is about, and it is even more difficult to measure the value of this piece of cloth.

In fact, for such ancient objects whose value, origin, and content cannot be determined, the practitioners of the Yuan Dynasty collectively referred to them as "ancient objects."

Because, in their view, this kind of object depicting mysterious and mysterious information could only have existed in the distant ancient times. In that era, practitioners could reach heaven and earth, and their methods were endless. It was an era that every practitioner yearned for. Therefore, everyone has a very good impression of these ancient objects.

But that was just the past.

In the venue, most people's expressions changed after they recognized that the cloth was an ancient thing.

Many people are dismissive.

The scenery in ancient times cannot be tested anymore. But just from the current situation, we know that when cultivators usually record relatively precious documents, they either use jade slips or paper made of special materials. Therefore, this piece of cloth looks like it is made of the most ordinary cotton, but it actually doesn't look like much.

As for whether it could be the evil taste of an ancient predecessor?

There are already too many cultivators with a pick-up mentality who have become vanguards for future generations.

Before the disaster in Qixia Town, you didn't need to go out of your way to inquire. As long as you lived in Qixia Town for a while, you could hear several stories from taverns and teahouses about how people lost their fortunes after failing to pick up leaks. There are even more cunning people who even deliberately forge some "ancient things" and use their words to steal money.

Among aristocratic families, this kind of thing is not uncommon.

It can be safely said that in the warehouses of all the aristocratic families present, there are definitely at least one or two items similar to the piece of cloth on the stage. When I got it, I just felt that I had picked up a big bargain. I only waited for myself to find out the ancient opportunities. However, I didn't expect that the things had been passed down for two or even more than ten generations, and no one could figure out what those things were. What are they used for, only things are getting more and more worn out.