Chapter 183 - 184

Chapter 183: Accompanied by fogflies

The name Mist Tears Bamboo actually has nothing to do with it itself.

It looks similar to ordinary bamboo, but because it is a spiritual plant, there is always a faint layer of radiance shining on the entire bamboo body, making it look extraordinary spiritual.

But other than that, there's nothing fancy about it.

Even in various classics, there are only a few words about it. The reason is that it has no other use except for making food and nest for a rare spiritual insect. An alchemist, Da Na, once tried to use it to make elixirs, but after decades of exhaustion, no spiritual material matching it was found. Even if it could be refined into elixirs, the elixirs would be of no use and taste extremely unpleasant, like Rotten vegetables.

Therefore, in the mouths of practitioners, the Misty Tears Bamboo is a "waste plant" that does not exist.

And the reason why it still has a recognizable name is precisely because of the rare spiritual insect that only feeds on it - the associated fogfly.

The associated fogflies are so small that they are almost difficult to see clearly with the naked eye. They are completely transparent, with only a small white spot in the middle of their abdomen. This body structure causes them to look like a cloud when they appear in groups. Therefore, the fine white mist surrounding the Misty Tears Bamboo is none other than the accompanying fogfly.

The sights brought about by the accompanying fog flies are beautiful and spectacular, but their existence is very short-lived.

For most of the year, the associated fog flies sleep in the form of insect eggs on the roots of the fog-leaf bamboo. Through contact with the fog-leaf bamboo, they continuously absorb purer spiritual energy. The power is able to break out of the egg around the Double Ninth Festival every year.

And the moment they emerge from the egg, their death is already written.

At the same time, millions of scholar's companions, the fog flies, turned into clouds and mist, staggered off from the bamboo roots, sucked the aura of the fog tears bamboo, and continued to grow. By the time they touched the bamboo leaves, they had grown into adults.

The body of the adult insect is constantly in contact with the bamboo leaves, mating and laying eggs through the thick aura between the bamboo leaves. After the insect eggs are expelled from the insect body, they fall straight to the ground like fine raindrops. Moreover, due to the "squeaking" sound produced by the wings of the accompanying fogflies when they fly, it makes people feel like someone is crying, so The bamboo surrounded by them was named "Mist Tears Bamboo".

Therefore, the name Mist Tears Bamboo really has nothing to do with the bamboo itself.

After laying eggs, the companion fogfly continues to fly upward. It's just that the production of insect eggs took away most of the essence in their bodies, causing them to fly slower and slower. When they circled and flew to the highest point of the Misty Tears Bamboo, their weak bodies could no longer support it. The last trace of vitality has been lost, scattered like winter frost on the bamboo leaves of Misty Tears Bamboo. Under the light, it looks like a layer of shining silver powder.

It can be said that as high as the fog-leaf bamboo is, the life of the associated fog-fly will be as long.

Because they are so small, even the length of their lives is limited. But these extremely small and inconspicuous creatures have become treasures sought after by countless monsters and cultivators after their death, because their corpses can stimulate their potential and increase the cultivation speed of monsters and cultivators!