Chapter 271 - 272

Chapter 271 A Spark

In the second half of the night, everyone was drowsy.

The weather is getting colder, and the crickets have become mute. In the entire camp, only the campfire is still making a "crackling" sound.

Because of the pain in his body, Zhang Wu couldn't sleep at all, so he simply raised his head and opened his eyes to see. Although everything he saw was dark, it finally made him feel a little more comfortable.

At this moment, his ears caught a hint of inhalation.

He looked in that direction and immediately recognized the person who made the sound was Zhang Qilin.

Regarding Zhang Qilin, Zhang Wu felt complicated. When he thought about recent events, he felt a little annoyed. This kind of annoyance was even more torturous than the pain in his body, so he simply closed his eyes and acted as if he didn't hear the other person's voice at all. But, how could such a thing be changed by his will? The sound of breathing became louder and louder, and even the sound of chattering teeth could be heard. It was obvious that Zhang Qilin was in great pain.

However, there was no crying.

Zhang Wu only felt tortured. Outside the carriage, except for the three or four guards who were keeping vigil, everyone else had fallen asleep on the ground. Those who were awake were also a little out of spirits. They rubbed their faces with their hands and felt that their eyelids were getting heavier and heavier. When they found out, By the time the smell in the air felt wrong, it was already too late.

"Enemy attack!"

The older guard had more experience after all. After discovering something was wrong, he immediately stood up and shouted, awakening his companions, and raised his sword to prepare to fight the enemy. When the guard who was awakened by him opened his eyes and prepared to get up, he realized that something was wrong. He felt that his body was limp and his muscles could not use any strength.

Obviously, they were tricked.

The senior guard's loud shout not only woke up his companions, but also set the stage for the enemy's attack. Just hearing the sounds of "rustling" and "clicking", dozens of black shadows appeared in the surrounding darkness. They rushed towards the guards like tigers descending from the mountain. The broad-backed swords in their hands flashed in the light of the fire. The reflection was frighteningly bright.

For a moment, the whole camp was filled with swords and swords and blood splattered everywhere.

Just by scanning with their spiritual senses, the guards discovered that the vast majority of this group of people were ordinary people, and only a few were practitioners in the Qi refining stage. As soon as these cultivators appeared, they immediately entangled those with the highest cultivation among the guards, and left the rest to ordinary people, who surrounded the guards one by one.

This kind of behavior seems to be overestimating one's capabilities, but due to the previous medication, the guards were completely unable to exert their strength. In addition, these ordinary people are really cunning. He retreated, causing the guards to retreat steadily.

Seeing this, the elder guard's eyes turned red. He held back his strength and pushed back the trembling cultivator. He roared, "We are from Su Mansion in Chucheng. Everyone, are you really Are you sure you want to be our enemy?" And the people in black clothes and black masks only answered him silently, letting him understand their choice.

The other party obviously knows that practitioners are very difficult to deal with, so he is not sloppy at all in using medicine.

What made the guards even more desperate was that these people even smeared poison on their weapons. Every wound on their bodies would constrain their spiritual and physical strength. Even though they are cultivators, because their cultivation level is not high and they are only a little better than ordinary people, they are increasingly unable to do what they want.