Chapter 147 - 148

Chapter 147 Unrest in Qixia

Su Ziyi didn't waste any time on the rest of the way, holding back his energy and dashing towards Qixia Town.

The afterglow of the setting sun penetrates into the forest through the layers of leaves, guiding those who return home late on their way home. Among a group of hunters who had also returned from the Fallen Immortal Forest, Su Ziyi restrained his sharpness and walked silently through them pretending to be an ordinary person.

Beside him, there was a martial artist with an even heavier atmosphere.

Su Ziyi didn't know much about these warriors. But when I think about the past few times when I returned from the Fallen Fairy Forest, I can always see these people either overjoyed because they came back with a full load, or depressed because they came back empty-handed, or even sighing, but it has never been like this, as if someone is using shackles. It's like grabbing their throats, preventing them from expressing their emotions.

This made Su Ziyi completely realize that something big had really happened in Qixia Town during his absence.

He was worried, and he restrained his aura more and more, hiding himself.

Compared with usual, the road under my feet was no different, but as soon as I stepped into the town, the atmosphere of the whole street was instantly different. Su Ziyi took a quick glance and found that there were far fewer warriors on the street. On the contrary, there were many unfamiliar faces. They all looked arrogant and wore the same robes as the people next to them. There was contempt hidden in their eyes. Looking at the group of people who came out of the Fallen Immortal Forest.

These people are from aristocratic families.

Su Ziyi once saw people wearing the same robes as them in the middle layer of the Fallen Immortal Forest. They are also like this, a group of several people, although their cultivation level is not high, but their faces are full of pride, because their family background provides them with great support. Su Ziyi didn't have any thoughts about these people. He just glanced at them casually. After discovering that there were no less than six people from aristocratic families in this short street, he withdrew his gaze.

At the street corner, the shopkeepers who were buying things still looked at everyone with kind faces, as if nothing had happened. After a shopkeeper who ran a monster meat shop saw the second-level monster in Su Ziyi's hand, he came over with a smile: "Brother, are you willing to sell the monster in your hand?" Su

Ziyi I recognized this man. He was the shopkeeper of one of the largest monster butcher shops in town. He was a decent person and the price he offered was fair, so he had sold monster beasts to him twice before. It's just that the other party has to deal with so many people every day and has long forgotten what he looks like, so he said such kind words.

Su Ziyi wasn't upset either. He originally wanted to take the monster meat home for Su Yulang and Bian Qing to eat, but he gave up the idea after seeing the children of aristocratic families on the street. He nodded and agreed to the shopkeeper's request. When the shopkeeper saw this, his expression immediately became serious and he led Su Ziyi to his shop.

Following him, Su Ziyi passed by the group of children from aristocratic families without looking back, as if he was just an ordinary person.

The monster took action and got nearly one thousand five hundred taels. Su Ziyi rolled up the banknote, stuffed it into his arms without taking it seriously, and walked home through the similarly solemn crowd.

During these days, Bian Qing and Su Yulang, who stayed at home, never felt at ease. A few days ago, I was able to make an appointment with Zhang Wu, who I met by chance, to go hunting in the outermost layer of the Fallen Fairy Forest to relieve some of my worries. But in the past few days, the turmoil in the town has made everyone feel frightened, fearing that bad luck will happen to them, so Bian Qing is inevitably more worried about Su Ziyi, who has been away for more than half a month.