Prologue

~~~~~

~~~~~

"I am pleased to announce that the case between Roman Spark and Edward Bank has now come to a close after months. And the lawyer to finally close and win the case for our firm....Susan Milling."

All of the lawyers seated at the conference room table all begin to clap for Susan, Susan clapping as well with a satisfied accomplished smile on her face, her and some other lawyers being seated in the conference room of the law firm.

"Susan you have come such a long way. Only twenty one years old but one of the best lawyers I have ever had, keep up the good work." The woman tells her.

"Thank you so much, Ma'am. I sure will." Susan nods in reply.

"Alright that is all you guys. Meeting adjourned." The woman goes to stand up, everyone else standing up as well.

"Hey Susan."

Susan looks up at the three women who go to stand in front of her, Susan putting away her case files into her briefcase, staring at them in light confusion. "Yes?"

"We were just wondering if you wanted to come and get a drink with us." They offer.

Susan smiles tightly at them, knowing they are only doing it because of her success on the case. "I appreciate the offer but I have to still file some paperwork and I have somewhere else to be. Thank you for the offer though."

"No worries girly, see you tomorrow." They wave.

"Bye." Susan replies, her gathering up her things and goes over to the door.

"Susan." Her boss states. "Lag back for a minute."

Susan nods, her looking over at Derrick, one of her coworkers who is the last to leave out of the conference room, him sending Susan a soft nice smile, Susan smiling back at him. "Yes Ma'am?" Susan addressing her boss.

"You have been doing so well, you are one of the best lawyers I have and also the youngest one I have too." Her boss praises. "Now I know it is some here...well most here that judges you because of your age, but I don't want you to ever listen to them. They're jealous of you, Susan. You are remarkable."

Susan smiles more at her. "Thank you, Ma'am. That honestly means a lot. I work hard and I'm glad to see that it is recognized."

"It always will be." Her boss acknowledges. "Alright I'll let you get on going. Don't stay here too late."

"Yes Ma'am." Susan laughs, her going to leave out of the conference room.

Susan goes over to her decent cubical to sit down, her setting down her briefcase on the table and taking out some files to look through, her inputting her password to open her computer up. Unlike other coworkers cubical, she holds no pictures and decorations except for just one family picture, her desk being blank other than that.