Ch. 80: Joy Ride

Susan paces in the living room while Lorenzo is held in the makeshift baby holder she made with the shirts, her holding him against her. She is thankful he has finally calmed down, him being close to falling asleep from the abundant amount of energy he drained from crying so much.

She feels completely on edge, it feels like she is being watched but every time she looks around she doesn't see anyone staring at her, so maybe it is just all in her head. Jared is on the phone explaining what happened at his house to his colleagues, supplying them with the information Susan told him while Mikayla and Sasha are seated down, both of them clearly on edge as well.

Susan looks when a doctor comes out, Mikayla and Sasha going to stand up as well. "Well? Is she okay?"

"The bullet didn't go far to cause any internal damage and it was extracted so she only needed an easy surgery and stitches." The doctor states, all of them breathing out in relief. "However she needs to rest and well...she's refusing. You all want to let me know what happened? And why she has an arm on her?"

"Second amendment dude, a right to bear arms." Sasha shrugs.

"She's a cop." Susan blurts out. "She's a cop and she was hurt....in a...hit and run."

"I see." The doctor replies. "And how are you all related to her?"

"We're her sisters." Susan replies. "Look can we see her? We'll let her know to rest."

"Of course, right this way." The doctor motions.

"Yeah I'll call you back, let me know when you are at my place." Jared says while following them.

"Ma'am you just got out of surgery." The nurse tries while Sabrina gets done putting on her black jeans, her being in her jeans and her black bra. "You shouldn't be up—"

"Do me a favor and shut the hell up." Sabrina interrupts, her looking around. "The hell is my shirt?"

"Your shirt was soaked with blood so I don't think you want it."

"Great." She rolls her eyes.

Susan comes inside of the room along with Mikayla Sasha and Jared, seeing how the nurse bickers with her.

"Where's my gun?!"

"It was left in the operating room!" The nurse replies. "Ma'am you really need to lie down—"

"Shut the fuck up!"

"Okay nurse we'll make sure she lies down, but we really need to leave." Susan states.

"She hasn't been discharged yet." The nurse comments. "We know what we are doing this would be best for her—"

"I didn't fucking ask you what was best for me, so run on along!"

"I don't think so."

Susan's eyes widen along with the rest of them when the nurse goes to point a gun at Sabrina.

"Don't move." The nurse states.

"So you're in disguise huh? You one of the KingPin's flunkies?" Sabrina asks.

"His instructions were very clear." She states. "And since you are making things so hard to be subtle I guess we'll have to go this way."

"How about no?" Jared points his gun at the nurse. "Put your hands up where I can see them."

A stand down happens for the past minute, Sabrina glaring at the nurse as she points her gun at her while Jared points his gun at the nurse, repeatedly telling her to put her hands up in the air where he can see them, Sasha Susan and Mikayla being completely still at the other side of the room.